“Better than average Red Roof”

Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

This is an older hotel taken over by Red Roof and therefore has indoor hallways, a pool and a breakfast. The room was well furnished and comfortable, the breakfast was a hot breakfast but was minimal and seating was difficult and tables were dirty. However it was an above average stay based on a very good rate of $60

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
REDROOF551, Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback, we always love hearing what our guests have to say about hotel. It gives us opportunity to better please our guest. Thank you for the kinds words you spoke about my staff and hotel. We hope to see you in the near future.

Thanks,

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We had a good experience. Staff was friendly. Room looked somewhat updated and clean. Bed was firm and I woke with some stiffness and pain but this happens at pretty much every hotel I stay at so not a big deal. The hallways are dirty and dated looking and need updating though. Not the greatest breakfast. Very limited to toast or bagel,cereal and hard boiled eggs. No hot eggs, meats or waffle maker. I would go EARLY. There are 3 small tables with 2 chairs each.

We rolled the dice on this trip by not prebooking any accommodations so we could tailor our plans to the weather and how far we felt like driving each day. Some places we ended up staying were sketchy. I feel like this was a pretty decent place to land for the night.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
REDROOF551, Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Thank you for stopping by our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your feedback, I will make sure our hallways get cleaned. We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We hope to see you in the future.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night here (July 27-28, 2017). We booked online before arriving at 1230am. We booked 2 queen beds & a smoke free room. The hallways had a bad door to them. The elevator seemed dirty. The room we were given did say no smoking however as soon as you entered the room you could tell it had been a heavily smoking room because it stunk like smoke. I have a sensitivity to smoke and this caused me to cough most of the night. The carpets were wet they had obviously been cleaned recently and were still wet. This caused the whole room to be damp including our bedding. By now it's 1am we had been traveling for 12+ hours and we didn't have much choice with small children. The tap in the shower was loose, the toilet wouldn't flush everything down (even pee), the sink drain was missing the plug. We stuck it out since we had no choice but left quickly by 7am as the smoke smell was still so heavy. Also the breakfast in the morning was nothing to rave about. There is only seating for 6 people in the 'kitchen' and not a lot of food choices. Past reviews seemed like it was an ok place to stay but definitely not what we experienced. I can't believe it was rated a 3 star. Im being generous giving it a 1 star.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank scotty2121
REDROOF551, Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

First I would like to apologize for you unsatisfactory stay you had with us. Thank you for making me aware of all the issues you had. I can assure that we will correct them. This winter we are replacing the carpet in the rooms, so that should eliminate the wetness. I am also working on going non-smoking as well. Again, I am very sorry that you were not able to enjoy your stay with us. We hope you will give us another chance in the near future.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for my daughters graduation. Room was clean but had a odor like mildew when air turned on it disappeared after a while. Staff friendly and breakfast was good. Cost of room was good for our one night stay.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
REDROOF551, Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you for making me aware if the mildew smell. I will have my maintenance man take a look at it. Thank you for the kinds words you spoke about my staff. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

I have to say that the staff does a great job. The room and pool area were very clean and well maintained. Their free breakfast was better than most, because they actually had biscuits and gravy, as well as juice, coffee, different pastries, several cereals, and fresh fruits. The team leaders name was Christina, and she was awesome. I was only going to get a regular room, but when I told her it was a surprise for my husband because it was our anniversary, she gave me an upgrade to a room with a jacuzzi. That kind of personal touch is what makes me sure I'll stay there again. Thank you so much Christina. You're awesome. :-)

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phyllis D

Happy Anniversary! I am so glad you and your husband had a great stay with us. I agree, Christina is amazing. I will let her know what kinds words you spoke about her. Thank you for writing this review. We hope to see you in the near future.

Thanks,