All reviews cinnamon rolls front desk popcorn machine great hotel stayed here for one night bed and pillows very clean hotel would definitely stay here again staff was very friendly indoor pool first floor free breakfast overnight stop breakfast room yogurt excellent stay biscuits and gravy
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel was right off I75. Easy to find. Nice newer looking area with an outdoor mall across the road. Lots of shopping, movies and restaurants. The hotel was very nice, big rooms with everything we needed for a stopover. Beds and pillows were comfortable. Staff were very polite and hardworking. The free breakfast had lots of choices to satisfy everyone.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

This location is great for the business or casual traveler. I had to be in Richmond for three weeks for business and this location is the choice for my agency.

The rooms are always clean and the scent of cleanliness is apparent upon first entry of the rooms.

The staff members are basically the same employees I encountered last year when staying here.

I appreciate the clean rooms and friendly staff.

Thanks to an amazing friendly team. The breakfast is always hot, fresh, and ready at 6am.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2018

We were in Richmond because my father was very sick with pneumonia and we needed a place to have a bit of respite. Holiday Inn Express & Suites was the perfect answer. Fortunately I called early as the hotel was totally booked by the time we checked in. From the start, I had a good impression as Kor'ee, a front desk clerk, was professional, informative, knowledgeable, accommodating and, upon my mentioning the reason for the trip, compassionate. My impression was only strengthened upon arrival as he checked us in and made sure we had a first floor room for easy access for our service dogs. He was welcoming and made us feel as though we had come "home". His co-worker was also wonderfully helpful - when I lamented that I had forgotten to bring milk for my coffee and would have to go out again, he said, "skim or 2%" and disappeared only to return with two milk cartons. The room was spotlessly clean and well apportioned. There were two queen beds, a luggage rack, large cabinet that contained the microwave and refrigerator with a television on top, a desk and office chair and an upholstered chair with an ottoman. The beds, one of which was immediately claimed by the dogs, were amazingly comfortable. When asked, the staff told me that the mattresses were by Serta. I have had two spinal surgeries and have a lot of metal in my spine. At home I sleep on an adjustable memory foam and typically other beds make me ache but not these. I was actually able to get some sleep. The restroom was also spotless with a bathtub/shower combination and the typical sample size shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and body wash. Even though our room was located across from the hallway to the pool, we were not bothered by noise. The breakfast was nice and a little more varied than the standard hotel breakfast. There was white and wheat toast, English muffins, 2 types of bagels, French toast, waffles, cinnamon rolls and other pastries, pancakes, oatmeal and cold cereal, fresh fruit, yoghurt, turkey and pork sausage, scrambled eggs, omelets, biscuits and gravy, assorted juices and, of course, coffee. The hotel is accessible and, had I used my full-size scooter, I would have had no issues. If anything could be improved, the pool was a little chilly for my preferences and the hotel could participate more fully in a recycling program.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth G
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Extended business travel. Stay was 6 weeks. Staff were very nice and rooms were very clean. Breakfast was delicious. The floor in the bathroom was very slippery. Location was great, surrounded by several restaurants, shopping stores and a movie theater. They had some busy weekends. Had to complain to hotel staff about children running up and down the stairs and slamming doors. There could be better control with school groups and managing noise.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room get a room away from the stairs.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Hello loridarling1204,

It's a great day at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Richmond, we're happy to have hosted you! We aim to provide True Hospitality for everyone. That said, I'm delighted to read your positive remarks about our hotel's location, cleanliness, and breakfast. These and your kind comments for our staff continue to inspire us to always put our best foot forward. On the other hand, I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by the floor's condition and the noise from other guests. Your feedback is important and has been brought to the management's attention. This should help us identify the steps necessary to better handle similar situations.

Thanks for your candor. We hope to welcome you back to your second home as soon as your plans bring you again to the area.

Safe travels,

Jillian I
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Close to lots of dining options. Great service, comfortable beds and great breakfast. The only disappointment was the elevator upon checkout. We couldn’t get it to stop on the 2nd floor empty so we could go down with a cart.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family