All reviews fort knox looked brand new candlewood suites free breakfast the hotel staff first floor stay there again a wonderful stay business trip workout room the room was nice business center hot breakfast indoor pool staff was very friendly connie tv
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Never been to Fort Knox before and didn’t know where to stay. Thankfully we chose this great hotel. Everything was booked up due to military graduation happenings but we happened to get one of the last rooms available here. So happy that we did. Only 10 minutes to the base.
Anthony greeted us warmly and handled checking us in with expert efficiency. While waiting in line, I witnessed him patiently and respectfully deal with a really unpleasant couple attempting to check in. Pretty amazing diplomatic skills! And he satisfied them.
Hotel was bright, clean and modern. Had everything you need: great mattress/comforter, breakfast buffet, and instead of drapes they had a very clever double shade system that blocks the light if you want to sleep in.
Will stay here again when in Fort Knox.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Nice people at check-in and housekeeping. Room was clean and hot breakfast was typical for Holiday Inn Express, very filling. I try to stay in these hotels when I have a choice and this one was very good.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2018

Our son booked this room for us this past week. He is in the Army and will be moving to Ft. Bragg, N. C. next month. We had van trouble on the way from N. C. and got there very late. They quickly checked us in and we fell into bed and slept great. The room was very nice and clean and the mattress felt like a cloud. The air conditioner was easy to set to the level of air we like and was not noisy at all. We also asked for a wake-up call and they were right on time the next morning. And no noises from people around us. I loved the large shower because I have a hard time stepping into a tub due to a replaced knee and hip. The bathroom was very clean and everything looked brand new. There was a wonderful little note left by our bed table that read, 'We hope you enjoy your stay with us'. I wrote back that we did have a wonderful stay and the room was great. The only thing I missed was the Gideon Bible normally left in the room for guests. I know there are people who do not like a Bible in the room but to them I say, 'if you don't like the Bible... don't look at it; leave it alone; put it in the drawer; but don't take away my right to read it before I go to bed'. It's the same as a show on tv that I don't want to watch - I change the channel, I don't ask for the tv to be removed from the room. Breakfast the next morning was so delicious! I ate the egg-cheese omelet and it was sooooooooo good (I had 2). I asked the lady there, Connie, how they made those omelets and she was so kind and courteous and took the time to answer my question. I also had a large cinnamon roll, one of my favorite things for breakfast. We had a great experience staying at the Holiday Inn Express and the next time we are in the area, we will not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Stayed for a week while attending a training course at Ft. Knox. The hotel was recently remodeled (actually attended a party at the hotel to celebrate the end of the remodeling hosted by the management). Everything looks very nice, and modern. This was the 2nd time staying there. Great location halfway between Ft. Knox & Elizabethtown. I would stay there again. However, for some unknown reason the bathroom in my room was never cleaned properly during my whole stay. The towels were replaced everyday but the floor was never moped nor the toilet or the shower cleaned. Never really noticed it until the last night when the floor looked very dirty. I also think that the carpet was never vacuum cleaned. It was a pity, but I truly believe this was a one time incident. I even attempted to notify the General Manager for both hotels (Candlewood Suites & Holiday Inn Express-they are next to each other at this location), by leaving her 2 voice mail messages, but unfortunately she never reached back to me. My intent was to personally tell the General Manager about the minor issue and not write the review. I even attempted to book it again as I am returning for another training course next week., but the per diem rate was not available. Again, the hotel overall is great. The pool, the workout room, the coffee station available all the time, breakfast, the very comfortable room, everything is really awesome for the rate I (the military pays it) was paying. I will definitely try to stay there again on my next visit to Ft. Knox.

Room Tip: Top floor, no noise above you.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Carlos3461
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Nice clean hotel with a very friendly staff. They had issues with their computer system at check in but took extra care to make sure everyone waiting received the room type they wanted. The housekeeping supervisor when out of her way to get the a floor on
the first floor my elderly parents

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family