All reviews medical center comfortable beds next morning front desk luggage refrigerator
Reviewed 22 October 2018

We were visiting a sick relative at the Pikeville Medical Hospital and a relative recommended. The price was good and also the location. The room was great, a very comfortable bed. The room included a desk, refrigerator, microwave.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Passing through the area and doing the tourist thing, this hotel was recommended by someone who lives in the area as I didn't want to stay at one of the two hotels located directly in town, mostly because I didn't want to overpay and I didn't want to drag all my luggage through a parking garage.

When I arrived at the Landmark, my very first impression was...I LOVE THESE PEOPLE. All the people I came in contact with were all so warm and friendly.

The room was clean and the hotel was quiet. I couldn't ask for more. I would definitely recommend and if I was in the area again, I would be staying at the Landmark.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2018

The hotel is located near the entrance of Pikeville and is very close to all the local attractions and places to eat. It has a great view of the town and the surrounding rock faces. Service was really good however the hotel was undergoing long overdue renovations.
The room we got was yet to be renovated so the walls had wallpaper peeling off them and the outside looked like it was crumbling (especially the staircase!) however it was tolerable. Our biggest issue was the stinkbugs which had made their way into our room (most likely while the room was being prepared for our arrival). We took care of them but it was rather inconvenient and made us question the cleanliness of the rest of the room, which was perfectly fine and clean.
Overall I'd say the hotel was decent, however the staff should be more cautions when it comes to bugs sneaking in. No other complaints.

Room tip: Balcony isn't worth it since there isn't much of a view. Its nice if you like to sit outside for your tea or coffee :)
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2018

The Landmark Hotel is in the process of renovating. When we were there June of 2018 for the Hatfield and McCoy Marathon. The outside of the property did not look very good. Rusting and crumbling exterior railings and stairs. However, our room appeared to have been recently updated. New furniture, fresh paint, modernly decorated bathroom. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2018

I booked the room based on Trip Advisor reviews. Big mistake. It is a very old property that is slowly being updated without construction. Paint over bad surfaces, very dark without new lighting and very dirty. The beds were okay, but not great. In a very old and run down section of town.

Date of stay: August 2018