“Inviting Atmosphere, Friendly Service. Save room for bread pudding!”
Review of Bank 253

Bank 253
Ranked #5 of 63 Restaurants in Pikeville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 31 July 2017

As a Pikeville native who now returns for visits, I am always amazed at the changes in my hometown. I remember when this building was actually a bank.

The architecture of the building actually works very well as a restaurant and I love seeing a non-chain restaurant doing well. Everything was very clean and inviting. Based on the hours they are open, it appears as if they are also a late-night bar. They did have a decent beer selection. However, when we visited, the atmosphere was as family-friendly as an Applebee's-type restaurant.

The food was solid and the service was superb. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable about the food. With their large serving sizes, an appetizer worked well for lunch and still left room for dessert.

The highlight of the meal was the bread pudding. It was absolutely divine and, while it is certainly large enough to share, you may want to keep it all for yourself!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

This was my 3rd attempt to have a decent, and timely-lunch at this establishment. Once again-disappointment. The food, every time, has been really good. Wait time is horrible. do NOT go here for lunch unless you call it in and pick it up

Reviewed 24 May 2017

good atmosphere, good food. you have to get the sweet potato fries. Like a dessert! fish tacos and sliders are also pretty good

Reviewed 6 May 2017

This is a real gem. The portions are large, the lunch prices are fair value, and the servers are very accommodating = they will cook things to special order without hesitation. The chicken tenders were huge, they have sweet potato fries and fried green tomatoes!

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

The food was ok, nothing amazing. Like several other reviewers, we had horrible service. Sat at a table outside and waited 15 minutes as several servers walked past us without a greeting. Once we were greeted, the waitress disappeared to get our drinks, and returned 10 minutes later empty handed. They were out of the wine I ordered, but she didn't even bring us water when she delivered the news. When she did return with water, mine had something floating in it. The server was really nice, however she had no sense of urgency. Disappointing that this is the 2nd best restaurant and in town. Does not leave me much hope for the rest of my trip.

1  Thank southernmelle