See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 May 2010

Eagle Falls is under new management since I was there last time in early 2008. We enjoyed it last time but new management has made defininte improvements. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are clean with some updates. I enjoy using an actual key for entry to my room. I would rather stay at a mom and pop place anyday over a new franchise chain. It is a great location and the staff is friendly and helpful. According to people in the area, the pizza is best around but I had one of the best Philly sandwiches ever at their diner with hand cut fries. The diner prices are very affordable. Be prepared for no phones in the room (which is okay with me). Wireless is available for your computer. The rooms come with microwave and mini-frig but no coffee pots.

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank Camsgirl1985
Reviewed 21 February 2010

We stayed over Valentine's day weekend and we loved everything about the place. It has a very homey feel and the staff was great. They were extremely helpful and cooked up some great home cooking. Clean rooms, great food, great company. We had an excellent time during our stay and we will definitly be back. In fact we're already planning for our next getaway back to Eagle Falls.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2009

We stayed at the lodge on arca race weekend , they had an event with nascar drivers . we had an excellent time the rooms were older but very clean . our favorite part was the diner . The food was awesome it was definetly all homemade and you could tell we ate breakfast lunch and dinner on both days , and the staff were super friendly , it is definetly a family owned business . We will be back !!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2009

WOW... All I can say. We had to come to KY due to a sudden death of my husbands father. The folks at the Lodge made us feel welcome and were awesome the whole entire time. Remember they are in the process of fixing up something they just bought and that they have a huge dream of being a success. With the family entity and friendly, outgoing attitude of EVERY person who worked there - I know that their dream will come true. The family and staff went WAY OUT OF THE WAY to help our family in our time of need. We arrived very short notice to clean rooms, friendly staff and AWESOME FOOD. Yes it is off season for them but the hospitality we felt was out of this world. The night of the viewing of my father in law, we were told to come to a room and get the cook "if we were hungry". We did that indeed (at about 10:30 pm - after restaurant hours) and he dropped everything and came down to the restaurant and made some of the biggest double burgers I have ever seen. My 20 year old sons look was priceless, his mouth open and just the comment of "OH MY GOD" when he brought out the "Burnin' Rubber Burger" This burger was so huge that he asked for an extra bun. The breakfasts and meals we had were great. The rooms were clean and rustic at the same time. You are in the mountains, if you open the door leaves ARE going to blow in. The owners son and daughter were also unbelievable - they would come down when they saw us outside and just talk. They took us for a hike to a cave and their play spot - WAY UP ON THE RIDGE. (along with their dog Max, who was my protector) I am a city girl who travels alot for work and I am sitting in a hotel in a large town right now and I wish I could open my door and look up the ridge and listen to the crows and the wild. We already are planning a trip back and YES WE WILL STAY WITH EAGLE FALLS... Thank you so much for all you did for us and your extreme hospitality. It will not be forgotten. Good luck with the ongoing renovations! Thanks again for a great time and experience my sons will never forget. Your hard work and attitude for life will pay off.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2009

After reading some of the reviews we decided to test the waters so to speak. When we arrived we found a quaint little place. The rooms we had were clean, and freshly painted and no oder. The shower were scrub clean and four of us took showers back to back and never ran out of hot water. We had plenty of towels clean ones every day. We found out that the resort had just been taken over by new mangers about in April of 2009. Mr and Mrs. Petty have work extremely hard to turn the resort around. They told us how bad the conditions were when they took over, that tells the story of the bad reports on file. They told us they got a ways to go but it happening. We were glad we went there the prices were good and the restaurant just opened and the food was great. So most of the reviews prior to April of 2009. may be just , but not now I highly recommend this place for a very nice getaway, the kids went horse back riding, theres hiking, theres water falls and much more.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family