Park Mammoth Resort
Travel Inn(Cave City)
USD 55
USD 139
HIExpress.com
All reviewsshooting rangea wonderful staybowling greencavespistolnashvillekeyspets
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Where to begin about the restaurant . The bathroom stalls had no locks on the door. The air was broke. the tables were falling apart and my wife ripped her jeans on the table. After ordering our overpriced meal we waited for an hour for it. When it finally arrived I got my meal and then my salad came after it . the meal was mediocre at best. On another occasion we ate there and the food was not edible because it was salted to the point that salt was all we could taste. The place is ran by a retired general and is the most mismanaged place I have ever been to. as I would have expected from such a person ,as I was also in the military and retired on the enlisted side of the house. Cave city is close to this site and I will eat in cave city, but never at this establishment again. .

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

How do I describe this totally unique place? We ended up having a wonderful stay! The place is terribly dated to say the least but everything is made up by the hospitality! The person that checks you in may be the same person that cooks your dinner and then serves it! They LOVE to work for the family owners! There is a winery (fun doing the tasting) and a shooting range! I had my first lesson shooting a pistol! There is an 18 hole golf course! The food was wonderful .....breakfast and dinner and the price is right! We stayed there because we have pets and they were welcomed at all venues! If u like rustic this is it!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

It had two beds, a bathroom, and the staff was friendly. The place was well past its heyday and in desperate need of updating however. It was barely surface cleaned and the towels were like steel wool. The window a/c unit was held in with what appeared to be cardboard and duct tape. I recognized the flower decorations around the screws on the bathroom mirrors as something my grandmother had in the 1970's, along with the pink linoleum countertops. The light fixtures were decrepit, some to the point of becoming a fire hazard. Speaking of fire hazards, the dining room smelled strongly of natural gas, and when another customer complained about it to the waitress, she shrugged it off and said it was venting it from the kitchen. The food, like the rooms, was overpriced and underwhelming. The "pool" and "pool house" are empty and seem to be for storing folding chairs and other odd detritus. If this establishment is making money it must be siphoning it into their pet project of making some sort of gun worshiping community (not making that up, they have a website) as opposed to making the necessary upgrades and basic maintenance required to run even a mid-grade hotel. The usual morning birdsong was replaced by the loud bangs from the firing range, and (thankfully, I guess?) you could buy a bulletproof vest in the gift shop. If you like guns more than the average person and dogs wandering about sans owners, this is the place for you. Everyone else, join in mourning the waste of a beautiful view, and book someplace else.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Heidi R
Management response:Responded 10 August 2017

Thank you for your input. I am very sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. You are correct we have incredible views and scenic grounds on our 2,000 acre resort. Since purchasing the resort that was built in 1964 it has been the biggest challenge of our lifetime to try and breath life back into this magnificent property. We have made great strides and still have much to do. It is very capital intensive and slow going. Even in the future, as we continue to upgrade, we will always try to keep the nostalgic feel of the resort. Not many hotels exist where you still get a big brass key when you check in. There are plenty of corporate cookie cutter hotels on every exit of every interstate in America that people can choose to stay in. We are different and may not be for everyone, but we are proud of how far we have come and look forward to continuing to invest to make Park Mammoth Resort a wonderful place to visit. It was withering on the vine when we bought it and we have invested much time, effort, energy and cash. We have big plans for the resort and hope that you will visit us again in the future to see how far we have come.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights to see Mammoth Cave. Traveled with a dog, so choices were limited in the area.

Staff was so friendly, I hate to criticize - but the facility needs major updating. It has much potential, with beautiful views from the dining room and much to do on the grounds. Seems drastically understaffed, which probably is due to lack of business. It felt kind of abandoned. Generally musty smelling. Room was ample size with convenient second door straight to outside. However, poor lighting outside and lack of people made family feel a little unsafe.

Some food items were very good in the dining room, although I had a bad steak (promptly removed from bill) and couldn't get breakfast one morning because of a staff emergency. For each meal we had, there was never more than one other table in use.

Very dog-friendly with a couple of dogs in the lobby to greet you. The staff are so friendly, it makes you wish for their success - but hard to envision without major investment. Would be good place for a large group that wants rustic experience.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Paylow
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Southern Hospitality at it's finest! And Very Pet Friendly! Owners have 3 beautiful dogs of their own who freely roam the property. This Charming Lodge is managed and serviced by the Two Owners and their families. They all take great pride in their "Grand Old Lady." Back in the 1960's and '70's, this property was clearly a prime destination for a visit to Mammoth Cave. They are proudly bringing her back. Their rare Hospitality more than makes up for a few rough edges that still await their renewal. When you're there on weekends, be sure to watch "under the portico" for Live music from aspiring artists Hot out of Nashville. You won't be disappointed. You may even be pleasantly surprised at who might happen to "drop in!" BTW .. When you meet Amber, Tell her Ray Peppers and Poe said "Hello."

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple