New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Paducah
Chicago, Illinois
“Choose another hotel!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

My family stayed over in Paducah on the way home from vacation. I was the one who choose to stay here. The other Country Inn & Suites I've stayed in have always been very clean. Unfortunately, this one was filthy. My white socks were black just like the other reviewer claimed. I wouldn't let my toddler walk on the floor without shoes on and honestly I didn't want him on the floor at all. I'm glad we were just passing through!

• Stayed April 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hlynns89
Chris C, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to complete the review on TripAdvisor. I will say that I was not happy to hear of your experiences at the hotel and have shared your observations with everyone involved. We have used this as a training opportunity to “see things from the guest point of view”. During your stay we were completing a full renovation of the hotel, which included replacing the carpets. I do not know the specific room you were in but rest assured all of the rooms have been completed at this point. Please give us another chance when you are travelling through the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Rockford, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times over the past ten years. It's a great location right off the interstate and is close to a shopping mall, tons of restaurants, gas stations and anything else a traveler is looking for. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

Only two issues you may want to be aware of; the weekend breakfast doesn't begin until 7AM (as opposed to 6AM of most Country Inns I've stayed at). The only other issue was our most recent room (3rd floor). The wallpaper in the bathroom was pealing away from the wall in several places and the tile floor was breaking up and missing grout. While the overall experience was still good, the room (at least mine) is overdue for updating.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Dave3441
Chris C, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
It is a pleasure to welcome back our return guests. And you as a return guest will be pleased to learn that we have recently completed a complete renovation of the hotel this April. I am sorry that the breakfast times on the weekend did not fit into your schedule. We do find that most people have the privilege to start their day later on weekends. On your next stay, let us know that you need an earlier meal and let us see what we can do. We want you to “feel at home in our Country”.
Owens Cross Roads, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

nice comfy beds. Good ammenities. OK breakfast bar. Very nice staff.

Room Tip: I've stayed at several hotels in tis area but always seem to come back to Country Inn.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Your review was short and to the point. I hope that you take the time to visit again to experience the improvements that we have made to our breakfast and the entire hotel.
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our trip home to Iowa after visiting our son and his wife in Memphis, Tennessee for Thanksgiving 2011. We chose this location because it was situated near major highways and appeared modern. We were quite happy with our three night stay here. The rates were good. Our room was clean, up to date, and comfortable. Housekeeping did a great job each day cleaning our room and providing fresh linens and towels. The lobby was beautifully decorated for Christmas. We loved complimentary breakfasts in the large eating area. The gourmet yogurt and blueberries were outstanding! My spouse enjoyed the variety of hot entrees each day. The doughnuts were like Krispie Creme's and the freshest I have ever had at a hotel!!! The breakfast attendant was friendly. A desk employee was always available. We spent one day Christmas shopping at the large mall nearby. The hotel was a drop off site for Toys for Tots, so I contributed to that worthy cause. Lots of favorite restaurants are nearby, one of which we dined at was Red Lobster.
It was a short drive to historic downtown Paducah. Here you will find the National Quilt Museum and a local history museum. Both are a 'must see.' There is excellent shopping and dining in this district also. We enjoyed the Argentine style of service at the restaurant Martin Fierro. We attended a Christmas concert at the beautiful Carson Performing Arts Center. We saw the holiday outdoor light display which was comparable our Jolly Holiday Lights back here in Des Moines, Iowa.
We highly recommend this hotel for a stay in Paducah or when on a trip driving through this region.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank laman1girl
Hazel Green, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

Front desk staff were friendly along with the rest of the staff. In a great location with shopping and dining. Will stay there again on my next trip to Paducah.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo