“Motel 6”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Owensboro
Vail, Colorado
“Motel 6”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I really don't like Motel 6's in general. I think they're clean, and check out is at noon which is nice. BUT, they charge you for internet which is lame. Pets are welcome. There is no breakfast, unless you consider coffee your breakfast. They do have coffee in the lobby, and a frig and microwave are in the rooms. If you have no choice its a decent one.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Dont stay here for the ambience, free breakfast, breathtaking view, fluffy towels, free internet, aromatic soaps, little bottles of shampoo, coffee maker, alarm clock,or luxurious furnishings. You won't find any of that. It's a Motel 6: Basic room, clean shower with good water pressure and plenty of hot water, decent mattress, cable tv. Our room even had a mini fridge and microwave. Everything worked. No nasty surprises. The price is fair for what you receive.

The big plus to us was that pets stay free. No questions about how big the dog is. More and more places claim to be pet friendly but limit the size to 20 pounds and charge $20-25 or more per night. Motel 6 is a pet friendly chain and we appreciate that.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank mpn237
Columbia, Kentucky
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We rented this hotel because it was cheap and we were visiting my brother. All we needed was a clean place to sleep. No such luck. We walked into our room to find dog hair all over the floor. The room was so small you could barely walk around. The smell of the room was so gross, a combo of animals and pee. And my mother got a flea bite within the first 10 minutes. We promptly called the front desk and requested a new room. The second room was just barely better than the first. No dog hair or fleas, but the bathroom was less than stellar in the cleanliness department. And after walking on the carpet for an hour, our feet were black. They did have a pool, which the kids enjoyed. This hotel isn't in a bad part of town but it seemed that a bad sort of crowd frequented the place. As we were leaving, the police were coming in to search a room. This is definitely not a family place. I recommend spending 30 extra bucks and getting a better nights sleep.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank thecoleness

Travellers are raving about these Owensboro hotels

Columbus, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 August 2010

While Motel 6 is usually a last resort for me in terms of hotel brand preference, I stayed here for the night and was pleased with the overall experience.

The best (and worst, depending on your point of view) thing about Motel 6 is its location. The motel sits right off of the US 60 bypass on Frederica (that's pronounced "Fredrika" as opposed to "Fredreeka", by the way), which is a main artery of Owensboro. A White Castle, Chick Fil-A, convenience store and steakhouse were all within easy walking distance; a strip mall is located reasonably close as well. Although the road is congested, we didn't hear the noise from our second-floor room in the mid-section of the building.

Our tiny room won no fashion awards, but was comfortable and efficient at the $51 rate. The bathroom features a shower only, which is a bit of an oddity in the sense of its design. In most motel showers, you face the shower-head which is attached to the wall. In the circular shower here, you wash facing the curtain and the shower-head is attached to the ceiling. Kind of odd, but does the job. Both the bathroom and bedroom were clean, although I did notice a small stain on the bathroom floor towel.

Although we slept well, it should be noted that there seemed to be a lot of activity in the parking lot and corridors of the establishment. Guests were standing outside of their rooms for much of the night and near their vehicles; I didn't feel unsafe, but the place was a little more active at night than I cared for.

Passing through? Looking for good nearby eating locations? On a budget and willing to overlook room size? Give Motel 6 a try.

• Stayed August 2010
Mattoon, IL
Reviewed 30 March 2010

Typically I do not leave reviews when I am happy or satisfied with a product, why that is I don't know. I am guilty of leaving bad reviews when neccessary, I guess I feel like I should warn people. When I read the other reviews about this hotel I was not looking forward to our stay. We were in town for a softball tournament and knew we would only be in the room to sleep and shower, still was leary after reading some of the reviews. My husband, however, insisted that we just get a cheap room and not spend money on a room we would not be in anyway. I agreed to this on the stipulation that if the room was awful we would be going to another hotel. We had to pay for the room for both nights upon check-in (I was hoping that we would not pay until check-out so that we could check out the room first - they had our credit card on file of course). When we pulled up to our room door I was expecting to open the door to find cock roaches, terrible smell, etc... This was not our experience, howerver. The room was small, but efficient. There was no foul odor and everything looked clean, for a hotel room of course. We left early in the morning for our first game and had accidentally left some cash on the desk, a very small amount. I figured the cleaning people would assume it was a tip and take it, and was ok with this since we were absent minded enough to leave it. To my surprise when we got back to the room late that night, the money was still there. The room had no bath tub, only a shower (no big deal though - I mean who uses a bath at a hotel - yuck!). THe shower was rather small but, again, efficient. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is just looking to spend minimal time in the room and save some money. You get what you pay for, so dont expect a lot of extra ammenities but there was a pool and the location was close to a lot of restaurants, Wal-Mart and gas stations and not in a run down part of town.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple