“Lucky I didn't get food poisoning”

Mitchell's Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 109 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: USD 31 - USD 40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Mitchell's Fish Market Seafood Restaurant and Bar is a premier upscale-casual seafood restaurant located at Newport on the Levee. Featuring the absolute freshest seafood, Mitchell’s Fish Market has a raw bar, open kitchen, seasonal features and daily specials. Happy Hour and outdoor seating is a plus too. The "Today’s Catch and customized cutting room offers a variety of seafood options including grilled, broiled, pan seared and blackened. Gluten Sensitive, Kids Menus and Private Dining are also available.
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Make sure you read about their run-in with the health department in early Dec 2017. When I visited the service was poor but the food wasn't bad (had the sea bass). But their handling of Newport's health code violations this past week was obscene and apparently speaks to poor management.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Thank you Michael for a very nice Thanksgiving! First time eating out as some of our older adult children have family out of town. Our foursome enjoyed a lovely meal and time together.....even joined the Landry dinner club!

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

We frequent this restaurant at least every 3-4 months, but this was the worst experience we have had. No one came to our table for at least 15 minutes after we were seated. One water and 2 sodas took for ever. Our waiter informed us that he would bring bread and the bread came after our appetizers ( after our guest had to remind him about it).
He slammed dishes and beverages down on the table- I am not sure what that was about. He was polite enough but seemed completely untrained to work as a waiter.

When we were getting ready to leave, the manger was standing at the podium, at the front desk. My husband asked him a question about validating the parking ticket and he just just waved his hands about and said that they did not validate and went back to doing what he was doing on the monitor. He appeared irritated at the interruption and did not wish us as we were leaving the restaurant.
Sadly, I don’t think that we will be coming back to this restaurant. It used to be our favorite fish and seafood place, but I chose to spend my money elsewhere for good food AND good service.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Mitchell's Fish Market has become a Thanksgiving tradition. This is a very nice restaurant with delicious and very fresh seafood. They also serve great steaks and do a nice job at cooking to your preference of temperature.

We've had a variety of servers and all have provided excellent service. They are attentive but not overly intrusive.

The restaurant has a nice, comfortable atmosphere. You can dress up or go in jeans.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

If you like seafood, and you are in the Cincinnati area, you have to go here for lunch or dinner. When we have traveled, rarely do we duplicate a restaurant visit, like we did here. I had the Ocean Cobb salad twice, which rivaled my favorite seafood salad in San Francisco. Though only listed on the lunch menu, they accommodated me for dinner as well. The waiters at another meal there also created a surf and turf dinner for me of lobster and filet mignon. Delicious!

The whole Dining Experience was excellent, whether eating indoors in air conditioned comfort or watching sunset in the outdoor patio overlooking the Ohio River. Wait staff was very good, and the prices relatively moderate.