All reviewsgreat locationacross the riverroad constructioncity viewwithin walking distanceadded securitybank arenaohio riverreds gamesliding doorball parkwould definitely stay here againextra roomperfect place to stayrestaurants and shopsroom keyfitness center
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Let me make it clear that this is a good hotel. It is practically brand new, is well maintained, has a fair to exceptional staff, etc. It is also located across the roundabout from the Newport Aquarium and Levee. It is close to a lot of entertainment and restaurants. The courthouse is a block away. You can look out one side of the hotel and have a breathtaking view of the bridge and downtown Cincinnati.

The problem was the noise. The Thursday night concert was not too bad, though it was pretty loud in my room. It ended at a reasonable hour, and I would not have complained about it. It was the motorcycles that killed my visit. From late afternoon into even the early hours of the morning, it was like being track-side at a motocross event. The worst was when the groups, who apparently were doing a loop, roared around the rotary and up into the bridge at a hgih speed.

Also, I know that I am old, but I remember when we had a certain level of trust, even at hotels. You need your room key even for operating the elevator. It seemed a bit inhospitable to me, but then again, it may just be me getting old and cranky.

Would I go back?

Darn good question. This hotel has some really big pluses, but at the same time the noise is terrible and prevented me from getting to sleep when i wanted. The last is a major negative for me.

These are the things I found there. I averaged it out to a three star rating. You have to make your own decisions and take into account the weather and the schedule over at the Levee in making your choices..

Room Tip: Take a city view but get a high number to be away from the roundabout
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Erin R, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newport / Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay at during your recent trip to Newport! I apologize about the issue you had during your stay. Our staff works hard to ensure all our guests are happy during their entire visit. Unfortunately, some things are out of our control like outside noise. Depending on the type of room you have depends on where your room is located in the hotel. Next time you stay with us, please contact the hotel directly and we can work with you to ensure the room is in a place to your liking. I do hope you come back and visit us again!

Reviewed 16 June 2018

We had an excellent experience. Probably the best Hampton I've ever stayed at. Staff was super accommodating, rooms were clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was great as well. My family and I will be back!

2  Thank cthazlewood
Reviewed 13 June 2018

My family and I had a great stay! Everyone was very friendly, the hotel was clean, the breakfast was great and the location was key! Walking distance to the Aquarium and shops. Walking distance to the waterfront.

2  Thank amberp253
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here June 8-9 for a short family getaway. We arrived super early (10:15) and even though I knew our room wouldn’t be ready, we went in anyway and Laurie at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. She told us that even if we couldn’t officially check in yet, she could get us a parking pass so we could walk over to the aquarium. When we were done with the aquarium and lunch, it was about 2:30–still early for check in but I called the hotel from the levee and inquired about our room and was told (again by Laurie) that our room was available. We checked in (with Laurie!) and she got us set up in a top floor room facing the river. The view was great! My kids enjoyed the pool to themselves for a little while before more families joined us, and they loved that there were pool toys available for them to use! The pool was very nice and clean. They also loved the free cookies in the lobby! (I won’t lie—I enjoyed them too!)

The hotel was in the PERFECT location for us, as we walked to the aquarium, lunch at Hofbräuhaus, and a Reds game in the evening. All an easy walk!! The levee area is very nice, and the walk to the Reds game across the river was no more than a 10 minute brisk walk and was so pleasant! Although the Reds game was somewhat of a wash-out, we were able to view the post game fireworks from our hotel room.

Check out was simple and fast and Laurie was once again at the desk. She made sure to ask how our stay was and we chatted briefly about the rain and the fireworks. She is truly a gem.

We were so impressed and pleased with our stay here. Great service and perfect location make this hotel an excellent value for families!! Well done!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Lori G
Erin R, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newport / Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Laurie is our General Manager and she is always making sure our guests are taken care of! I will definitely pass on your kind words about her! The fresh baked cookies we put out everyday at check in are a huge hit and they do taste delicious! Our hotel is centrally located to Newport and downtown Cincinnati which helps if you are visiting the Aquarium or the Art Museum! I do hope you come back soon and stay with us again!

Reviewed 12 June 2018

The hotel is located in the perfect spot to catch a shuttle into Cincinnati, or walk to the Levee and historic districts! Super clean, and staff is very friendly and helpful. Good variety at breakfast.

2  Thank Dawn D
Erin R, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newport / Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Thank you for your review! We are in the best location to access Newport and the great sites including the Aquarium and Monmouth Street! And just a short walk across the bridge is downtown Cincinnati where you are sure to find some great spots to explore! Our staff takes pride in our hotel and it shows in how they treat every guest that stays with us! I do hope you come back and visit us again!