“Normal Harvester fare”

Price range: USD 4 - USD 19
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: If you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Oxford, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Wheatley, Holton and Tiddington, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The Harvester restaurants are the same all over -very good value and the food is fine. I like the salad bar choice particularly. This restaurant has plenty of seating and parking and has not been too crowded when we have visited. Excellent venue for a family group.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Angela H

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We booked our family a table, weeks in advance, and were looking forward to going out for a celebration.
We arrived and waited some time to be seated, the guy didn't even look at us, he just grabbed some menus and ever so softly said "follow me". I replied "We have actually booked a table"....
It didn't make a difference.
Our waitress was appalling. Her attitude disgusting. On 2 occasions we weren't served our entire served meal and had to ask over and over. Things were thrown onto our table, drinks messed down the side and not even an eyelid shuttered!

WILL NEVER GO BACK!! IT HAS PUT US OFF ALL HARVESTERS SADLY!!

Date of visit: March 2018
General Manager A, Manager at The Bridge Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Hi 4brooks4, we can assure you that we do not find this type of behavior acceptable, and we would like to address the situation you have described. We would like to work towards a resolution, so if you are willing, please reach out to us at 01865 875270 to discuss this further.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Staying locally we popped in at lunch time for a pint we stood for some time before we where eventually served although the pub was empty the barman obviously had business in another area. The pint I received was a little cloudy but I gave it a chance to settle it didn’t and about half way I realised there was some sediment floating at the bottom of the glass. We decided to return that evening and have a meal. We often use our local Harvesters and find them warm and welcoming unfortunately this was not the case the food was barely warm and the service was poor, back at the guest house the Harvester was mentioned by another couple who ate there with the same experience. We understood there may have been a staff shortage problem. Maybe it was one of those nights.

Date of visit: March 2018

Kevin W, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. We would like to work towards a resolution, so if you are willing, please reach out to us at 01865 875270 to discuss this further.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Been to a few Harvesters over the years, this has to be the worst. Not enough staff, service slow & food well below par. Wouldn’t visit again.

Date of visit: March 2018

Sharron B, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. We would like to have a better understanding about your experience. Please reach out to us at 01865 875270 at your earliest convenience and we will do our best to resolve this with you.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

On impulse we went to this restaurant as we have been many times. We were shown to our table fairly quickly and was given a choice of a window seat or bench seat. We chose a window seat so we could look out of the window. That turned out to be a bad choice as it was freezing. I wanted to put my coat back on I was so cold. It takes alot to make me cold as I am never cold. My husband put his outdoor fleece back on he was so cold. I felt the radiator and it was barely on. I heard other diners complaining about how cold it was.On sitting down I had to brush the food off my chair. We chose our drinks. There was no draught bitter or real ale on offer anymore. Only weak pale ale. I asked to try it and settled on it even though it was not my chosen drink. The waiter cheekily said I told you it was good., referring back to our previous conversation about the choice of draught beer. It wasn't that good but there was no other choice! We chose our salad and didn't even have a chance to eat any of it before our chosen meal was delivered. The main course was nice but very minimal. It seems like they have cut down their portions. Because it was so cold though and drafty our meals did not stay as hot for as long as it should of done. We did not order a pudding but spent awhile drinking our drinks and chatting as I was not in a hurry as I was off work. The waiter asked us twice if we wanted anything else, then gave us our bill. I felt we were being hurried up and were not given enough time to enjoy our meal and drink. We decided on that note not to order another drink. Not sure I will go back as I was very disappointed with the whole experience unlike all the other times I have been.

Date of visit: March 2018
General Manager A, Manager at The Bridge Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

445essexgirl, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around if you would be so kind to contact me i woulkd like to try and resolve this for you.