“The hotel sent us here! Worth every penny.”

Mussel & Burger Bar Downtown
Reserve with OpenTable
Mussel & Burger Bar Downtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,904 Restaurants in Louisville
Price range: USD 10 - USD 20
Description: At Mussel and Burger Bar we specialize at adding gourmet qualities to familiar menu staples. Each item has it's own unique flavor profile created and assembled by our Chef/Owners Fernando and Yaniel Martinez. They've studied culinary arts all over the world, and still spend countless hours perfecting their craft, to give this city some remarkably delicious food. We are so honored and happy to be a part of Louisville's food scene, and hope you like it!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We took the recommendation from our hotel. The fish tacos were scrumptious and the burger my hubby had was huge and tasty. Our waitress was super attentive and helpful with menu suggestions. I wish I could remember her name. Eat here. The atmosphere is groovy too.

Nathan E, General Manager at Mussel & Burger Bar Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you, Melissa! We appreciate you taking the time to recommend us. I'm so glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your experience with us, and it's always great to get good feedback about the service, I'll pass that along. Come back to see us soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

They were some of the most tender mussels I've ever had, perfectly cooked, as was the broth. The mac and cheese is also excellent. Even though stuffed, we got the the tiramisu cheesecake which was totally worth it. Service is also fast and friendly.

Nathan E, General Manager at Mussel & Burger Bar Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review and recommend us! It's great to hear some feedback about the mussels, we always strive to make sure they are of the highest quality. And good call on the tiramisu cheesecake, it is a staff favorite. Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped in here on a recommendation, wasn’t disappointed. Hardest part was choosing which burger! I got the BBQ Bacon. It’s a tall tasty creation. The fries were great. I wish I’d have gotten the mussels appetizer with it but I don’t know that I would’ve had room. Oh well, a reason to take a trip back.

Nathan E, General Manager at Mussel & Burger Bar Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review and recommend us! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your burger, some back and see us to try the mussels some day soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Upscale Pub located near the Louisville slugger factory and museum. Neat old historic building with rich dark woods and tall ceilings. Very busy when we arrived at 2:30pm, but got seated fairly quick. I had the crabcake sandwich and my wife had a beef burger, both were excellent. Moderate prices and average but not extensive menu. I would definitely return.

Hi Terry,
It's awesome to read about how much you enjoyed your meal with us. I'm glad to hear that we still gave you a great experience even during a busy rush. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

My wife very much enjoyed her mussels. Had it not been for the very good and plentiful sweet potato fries, my hamburger was so small, I would have left hungry. As advertised, the meat was excellent and perfectly (medium rare) prepared. I had requested that it be served without a bun on greens. There was no bun, & the "greens" amounted to one piece of lettuce. Absolutely no complaints about the quality.

1  Thank markmd
Nathan E, General Manager at Mussel & Burger Bar Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hi Mark,

Thank you so much for coming and for taking the time to review and recommend us! Sorry about the disappointing size of the burger you had. Normally we serve 8-ounce burger patties. For lunches Monday through Friday the burgers and prices are smaller and lower, we serve 6-ounce patties. I'll make sure the Chef is aware of your review and we'll look at the burgers to make sure they're getting portioned properly. Hope we'll see you again soon!

Thanks,