2,010 results
All reviews seelbach bar historic hotel al capone great gatsby executive floor scott fitzgerald grand staircase rooms are small fourth street live great history beautiful lobby the concierge level an older hotel hotel bar corner room valet parking bars and restaurants
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Seelbach this weekend. She's an old friend who is slipping mightily. I love the grand old hotels but the Seelbach seems to be having problems. It all started on arrival. Bellman clumsily drug a bag across my backseat, breaking a small gift. Desk staff was extremely short handed for a Friday afternoon. Ramon was very professional and did his best, however, to get us checked in despite the growing line. Once in the room, I asked the bellman if he could direct me toward the ice machine. In the past, he would've taken my bucket and filled it for me (and be tipped appropriately). But on this day, he simply told me he had never been on the 2nd floor before. OK? So, I proceeded to walk the entire 2nd floor, but alas, no ice. So I called the front desk....no answer. The hotel operator....no answer. I then walked down to the front desk where Ramon was still trying his best to manage the check in line all by himself. The line was now almost to the grand staircase. Finally, the manager and another staff person joined Ramon. I asked for ice and was directed to the 3rd floor(Once again, a more professional hotel would've filled my bucket for me). I notified the Hilton on line contact. To their credit, I was immediately contacted. The manager, to his credit offered me executive lounge access, which was a nice gesture. But the lounge was less than impressive and so crowded on Sunday morning that we had no place to sit. While at the property, we were disappointed to find the award winning Oak Room was PERMANENTLY closed. Additionally, the bartenders at the Seelbach act like they are tending bar at a funeral. Although when we sat away from the bar, Natalie did a terrific job and was full of friendly conversation. Checkout was simple as we returned our keys to Ramon. Alone as usual, but he definitely represents Hilton well. The valet was a portrait of confusion. Took 25 minutes to retrieve my car. I sincerely hope the Seelbach makes a comeback. It is a gorgeous and historic place, and I always prefer Hilton, but there are much better options at this time across the street, up the street, and down the street.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Big_joe23
Jaycee524, Manager at The Seelbach Hilton Louisville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Big_joe23,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of our shortcomings. It is clearly apparent we have some more training to do in Customer Service. I will personally be speaking with each Department Head on the issues you have presented along with discussing in our stand up meetings with the staff. The hotel is under new ownership and it has been a long process with still much to do to get the Seelbach back to it's rightful glory.

John Cooper
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 3 October 2018

We stayed at this hotel for our wedding night. The building is beautiful, great entrance, old style deco. However, they host more event than they can really manage without affecting their service quality and experience for other guests that are just staying at their hotel. Way too many people at the lobby, drunk young people were leaving as we arrived, and that was not a nice experience. At our arrival, the only welcome we received was from the guy helping us with our luggage. At the front desk we strugle to get the attention of the person to check in.
The building is old, so are the amenities like bathroom, AC, door locks, elevator. Then, the unexpected happen, a big a$$ cockroach in the bathroom, right by the shower up in the wall, that was nasty. But more concerning was that we called the front desk to report it and not even an apology or worth of empathy. Then someone comes up 30 minutes later, maintenance guy, who obviously just took it with a piece of toilet paper and flushed it down the toilet. We could've done it ourselves, but wanted someone from the hotel to see that our report was true. Any way, not apology from the guy either... we just decided not to fight it, as they seem really uninterested in keeping guests satisfied. I regret choosing this historic hotel for such a special ocassion. Not posting the beast's picture out of respect, but will be happy to send it over if someone is interested.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank fervillegas
Verl W, General Manager at The Seelbach Hilton Louisville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that your experience here at the Seelbach did not live up to your expectations. The concerns you mention will be addressed with the staff. We obviously fell short during your stay- I am sorry. Please come back and see us the next time you are in the area, we'd love the opportunity to serve you again.

V Wilder, General Manager

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay! The bar was great for a midnight cap! David our valet was so helpful and friendly! Very pleasant stay all around. We would definitely consider returning to the Seelbach on our next visit to Louisville.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
derrick j, Manager at The Seelbach Hilton Louisville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our historic property! We are certainly proud of our guest service team, and your notes about your service experience with David reinforces what we have come to expect from the team.Thank you again for your kind words! It is great to see execution of our vision to provide service excellence, while blending history with modern day conveniences. We truly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the near future.

Derrick Jenkins'
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Short stay when in Louisville for a wedding. Front desk people were friendly and courteous. Room was nicely appointed. I used self park, which was not well marked but ended up being convenient; it is on the side street of the hotel, a narrow driveway in, but plenty of spaces, and pretty easy access to the hotel. It was nice having a Starbucks in the lobby, although service there was remarkably slow!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Thank you so much for this gracious feedback on Trip Advisor and for sharing it with fellow travelers. At Seelbach Hotel, we are remaining fully committed to deliver the highest level of experiential service to our guest and I genuinely feel contented that we have been able to make your stay a memorable one. Our Team Members are trained and developed on permanent basis in order to access to the higher level of service delivery and ensure to anticipate all the needs of our guests, at any moment or occasion.Thanks again for this wonderful feedback and looking forward to welcoming you at Seelbach Hotel in the near future.

Derrick Jenkins
Night Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 29 September 2018

This hotel is an amazing historical property, taking you back to a bygone era. The staff are extremely helpful and gracious. Nice bourbon bar and restaurant all on property. Great downtown location. Couldn't have been a nicer stay!!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Jaycee524, Manager at The Seelbach Hilton Louisville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Dear JTK812,

Thank you for the great review of our property. We are thrilled you enjoyed the stay and we hope to see you again soon.

John Cooper