1,631 results
All reviews great location convention center sway restaurant fourth street live within walking distance nice hotel parking garage hotel restaurant self park restaurants and bars heart of downtown yum center business trip king room front desk staff the room was nice bed was comfortable
Reviewed 12 September 2018

Answer: More than Six and still was not right.

My husband made two reservations from the hotel website, not third-party sites, for one room arriving Mon 9/10/18 leaving Sun 9/16/18, and one suite arriving Tue 9/11/18 and departing Sun 9/16/18.

On the Friday before the week, I called to change both reservations to arrive on Tue 9/11/18 and leaving Sat 9/15/18. The lady on the other end sounded she understand my request and said I was all set.

However, no follow-up emails were coming confirming the updates, and I got worried.

On Monday, I called again. The bookings were unchanged, and I stated my requests again. Then I got connected to different staff telling me different things:

- one offered to help and then put me on hold for an extended period twice, and then I was somehow cross-wired to another customer asking for his invoice;
- one said I couldn't change the reservation because I booked a block through a third-party and I had to contact the third-party;
- one went to the automated system and after I punched in the reservation numbers and gave instructions of what I intended to change, still transferred me back to the main menu;
- I finally asked to speak to a supervisor as soon as I was connected to a human, and she said she would change the dates as I planned and she would honor the rates at which we booked.

Then when the emails came, the dates for the room were still showing Checking in on Monday, as opposed to Tuesday as we asked.

I attached the call log showing the staggering number of calls I made to make changes to the reservation, and yet still didn't get changed to my satisfaction.

We do not wish to pay for the room when we have not checked in yet, which was why I called in the week in advance so they could release and resell the room and not incur any financial loss. Somehow, the failure to accommodate our request was quite disappointing.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Louisville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

I apologize for the appalling inconvenience you encountered. Obviously, you should be able to expect more from us. We expect more of ourselves. We deeply regret the issue you encountered and I am sure you can tell from the other reviews posted on this site that issues of this sort are not common at our hotel.

If you don't feel that the errors are completely resolved or if we can do more to get this straightened out, please let us know.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Was so very pleased with my stay. The room was very clean, the staff was super friendly, the location was excellent, and the view from my room was AMAZING!!! The hotel was right in the main stream of entertainment and was very convenient.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank svaughn2018

S Vaughn,

Thank you for the excellent review of your experience at the Hyatt Louisville. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and will share your wonderful comments with our associates. They'll be happy that you were pleased with your stay.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

I Came here to visit family. First let me say that the hotel is beautiful and the rooms are very spacious for the most part and tastefully decorated. they had motion activated lights on the bed. we had a fridge and safe. The beds were super comfortable. The bathroom was kinda small. The tub is raised so watch that step every time you got out of the tub. The hotel gives you extras if you request and we even had water and several other items requested with no problems. We hung by the pool area which is inside but in a glass enclosure so we still had the sun on us and no one was there. there was some music playing in the background as well.
the service in the bar and room service was good to. their prices are a little bit high but it seemed the area we were in it was about average.
the location was great it was right on 4th street. outside the hotels are tons of bars and restaurants.
overall I would definitely stay here again in the future.

Stayed: September 2018

Sandi,

Thank you for the detailed and thoughtful review of our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope that you and your family will return soon!

Reviewed 1 September 2018

First let me say that the hotel is nicely appointed and the rooms are very spacious for the most part and tastefully decorated. When I got to my room the lights were all off and it was not easy to find the light switch. Amazingly however there are motion activated lights on the bed frame. My refrigerator was not working and that is essential for me since I’m diabetic and travel with insulin which I need to keep cold. I went back to the desk and they sent someone to fix it while I was waiting for food at the bar. Overall the staff was very friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable and I slept ok. The bathroom was kinda small. You definitely had to close the door to shower. The tub is odd and is raised. It’s kinda difficult to step in and out of. It was very disconcerting actually. The shower however was probably the best water pressure I have ever had in a hotel shower. The water was hot and the assortment of shower gel, shampoo and conditioner was nice. Towels were soft and good quality. The hotel gives you plenty of extras in the room that you hardly find anywhere anymore. There was a shower cap, a kit with cotton rounds and qtips. The bathroom had two glasses and I would have preferred plastic cups that are individually wrapped. Not a big deal but just personal preference. The lighting in the room is dim. Even with every light on its dark. Not a big deal for me since I was mostly in my room for sleeping. Just outside the hotels are tons of bars and restaurants. Just make sure to go early because many of the fast food places close early. There are plenty of other places to eat by 4th street live but I’m not a drinker so the whiskey bars didn’t appeal to me. No worries though still lots of options there. Hotel elevators were quick and the noise level was fine. I guess I’m lucky there wasn’t a group of kids there. overall a very pleasant stay I would probably not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Louisville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Paul,

I appreciate your detailed and thoughtful review of our hotel. We take the comments that we read in our reviews to heart and act on them to improve our product and service as much as possible.

Thank you and we hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Loved the location of this hotel. We could walk to everything and it is super close to 4th Street Live. The room was nice, carpet was stained. Wasn't thrilled with the drummers that performed at 8 a.m. Sunday morning right at the hotel entrance. We stayed on the 16th floor and they were so loud that they woke us.

Room Tip: I would choose a room away from the elevators
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Louisville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Laura,

Thank you so much for your nice comments about our hotel. We take the comments we read on travel websites very seriously and will certainly follow up on your notes. Please return soon.