“Great local coffee shop and very friendly baristas.”

Sunergos Coffee & Roastery
Ranked #3 of 26 Coffee & Tea in Louisville
Reviewed 6 January 2012

My husband and I have been to Sunergos countless times. It is about a 15 minute drive from our house, but it is so worth the trip! My husband always gets one of the coffees of the day and he has never been disappointed. I am not much of a coffee drinker, so I always order the Chai Latte. Yummm! There is always a friendly, laid back vibe in the coffee shop. Thank you, Sunergos, for proving that you can have a quality product and great customer service at a reasonable price. We recommend Sunergos to all!

There are newer reviews for Sunergos Coffee & Roastery

Reviewed 2 January 2012

We stopped by one evening for coffee and chai. Excellent. Our server was very helpful too about advice for where to go for dinner. We recommend this shop!

Reviewed 23 December 2011

I've heard the expression "coffee snob" a lot and ignored it, instead sticking with drinking any coffee for breakfast, whether Waffle House, White Castle, McDonalds, Bob Evans....anything with caffeine. Then I wanted to taste and see what the fuss was all about....and WOW! Sungergos (Greek for gathering place) has it's own style, part coffee house of the 50's, part post-modern chic, but who cares when you smell the aromas and taste the coffee. Unbelievable! The coffee's I mentioned previously? Pure water....the coffee at Sunergos, pure heaven. I recommend the Sunergos B, Ethiopian Harrar, and when available the unbelievable Tanzanian. If you're lucky, there might be an orphan Mocha Java lying around - grab all you can. They can grind it for you, or better yet, buy a grinder there, grind it at home and smell the aroma and sip the taste's at your leisure on your time and in your favorite chair. If you enjoy French Press.....well get ready for mornings you won't forget. If you prefer a regular brew, then give it the white vinegar treatment (cleans out all the minerals and gunk) and just let the machine do the rest. Yeah I know, coffee is coffee...the above restaurant establishments would have you believe that....but once you smell and savor any Sunergos blend....well I'll leave that to your imagination.

1  Thank bigivy1
Reviewed 8 December 2011

I live in the Louisville area and it is rare that I make a run into town (a couple times a week) and do not stop for coffee at Sunergos. Over the years my wife and I have developed a pretty good taste for coffee. We have learned what good coffee is/is not and folks, Sunergos is the best. Their two locations (both set in quiet neighborhoods) offer a large variety of beverages. If you are an avid coffee fiend or just a casual coffee drinker there is something for you. Sunergos' coffee is the smoothest coffee I have ever had. With Sunergos you do not get the punishing slap in the face like you would get from Starbucks. Here, you get a smooth cup of coffee that is a pleasure to drink from start to finish. Both locations offer a variety of whole bean to take home with you and you can be assured that it is fresh as they roast weekly (Mondays I think). Both locations offer free wi-fi and a great atmosphere. The baristas are knowledgeable and they are always pleasant and easy to talk to. I have had a lot of different coffee in a lot of different places, but no one...no one does it better than Sunergos.

Reviewed 18 October 2011

I'll be honest - I don't like Starbucks. The coffee is watery, and way too hot. So when we found these guys it was a godsend! Great tasting coffee with wonderful staff. We went back every day of our trip - and you should to!