All reviews blackout shades large walk in shower self parking slugger museum walking distance shuttle service parking structure breakfast included ali center two blocks spent two nights clean hotel free shuttle valet staff breakfast area per day would stay here again
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

4 fabulous young valet/doormen. Amy at the desk was very personably. The hotel looks fresh and very clean. Breakfast area, though typical HInn fare, had more of a restaurant feel. Ladies running breakfast couldn’t have done more for you.

Plus, the location was excellent. We walked 3 blocks to Peerless Bourbon and 3 blocks to Mussel and Burger Restaurant. Wonderful!!!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carole W
Samka A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear Carole W,

It's great to see the impact our staff had on your stay. I am so glad it was a good one and look forward to your return.

See you soon!

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Had a great stay with my family! Room was spacious, front desk personnel was excellent, they offer a shuttle to downtown attractions, breakfast was good. Couldn’t ask for more at a reasonable price. Would stay again for sure.

Room tip: Room 601 is very quiet
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Kathleen!

I am so glad your entire family enjoyed their stay. It would be our pleasure to have you as our guests again.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

After looking at several hotels in Louisville, we finally chose the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown. I am so glad we did. We did have to walk a few blocks to the Kentucky Center for Performing Arts—but it was a nice stroll. There is free shuttle service—very nice young man drove—but we chose to walk. Every little corner of this place was clean. There were modern furnishings, bright colors, nice art work, but most of all comfort. The bed and linens were clean and comfortable. This is a place we will return to when we visit Louisville again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear deniserad,

I am so glad our hotel was your final choice and that we did not disappoint you. Our top priority is your satisfaction and we hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

Stayed there for a HS tournament. Check in was easy, parking is convenient. We did self parking for $14.95 cause it's just right there by the hotel. I felt like we were totally price gauged at around $250.00 per night as there was a large convention in town. The rooms are nice. Very quiet - no sounds from other rooms or door slams. Room had a refrigerator and comfortable beds. I liked the hooks on the wall - new feature I hadn't seen before but very handy. There is a manager's reception with very minimal snacks and local beers and wine for sale. The shuttle is very convenient and will take you most places downtown. Overall, with the exception of the price, it was a nice stay. I'd recommend.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear franmom,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to an opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

The hotel nice & clean. It was quiet which I needed at the time. Breakfast was minimum, but didn't bother me since I could only eat yogurt & some instant grits I didn't even know existed, but not bad. The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to leave. No restaurant on site but was not an issue for me. Would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: January 2018
1  Thank Florence J
Samka A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear Florence J,

Thank you so much for being our guest. I am glad your overall stay was pleasant. We certainly hope to serve you agian soon!

Samka A.