All reviews bridal suite the main house old mansion third floor sitting room decanter wedding hosts accommodations bourbon fireplace
Reviewed 28 July 2016

We were recommend this B & B by David Domine who has written several books on Old Louisville. The Inn at the Park is in a neighborhood of other grand homes of the turn of the century. Our host Herb and his wife has taken great pride in restoring this and the DuPont Mansion across the street to its original glory. Becka saw to our needs and served us a delicious breakfast each morning. We had breakfast at both the Inn and the DuPont as neither was full during our visit. Becka treated us very well. The house is amazing and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. We stayed in the Mayors Room on the second floor. The Inn is minutes from Churchill Downs, University of Louisville, the airport, and downtown. . After a long day of sightseeing it was nice to be able to sit either outside on the deck or in the parlor and relax. There was always water, soda, candy, and snacks available. The Inn is definitely the place to stay to experience Old Louisville. As to the ghost, they were ALL very friendly and are happy to share the house with you.

1  Thank Bandaidfam
Herb W, Owner at Inn at the Park Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2017

Thank you for this glowing review. Since your visit, we've changed our name to LOUISVILLE BOURBON INN accompanied by appropriate theme art, decorations and an ABC license permitting us to serve libations to overnight guests.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

Myself and my husband spent our 10 year anniversary here 07/08/16. We live in the city and I literally work 3 minutes away from this Awesome gem! I surprised my husband as he had been lead to believe we were staying at the Galt House since that was where we "honeymooned in the city" 10 years earlier, but I wanted something different. This home is beautifully decorated and that staircase! Amazing!! we stayed in the Presidential Suite which is hands down the most beautiful room! the jets were amazing in the bath tub... however we did have a bit of a paranormal experience. I was wiping it down after I got out and the jets had LONG been turned off.... yet they came back on TWICE! I thought nothing of it. My husband had them turn on once on him and several days later I watched a youtube video and low and behold that was a "ghost" doing this (or so legend has it) our private balcony was very nice to sit and have a night cap on. We did not make it to breakfast the next day however which I was sad about but we were tired from "sightseeing" around downtown. We went across the street to Shakespeare in the Park which was great. The one downside we both had was the creepy music playing as we basically had the house to ourselves (I saw the wife yet my husband thinks I made that up, lol) overall this was such a joy to stay at and while we have no other experience to base from we will definitely stay again! Oh and the wine was yummy! THANK YOU ISN'T ENOUGH! I would love to stay for Christmas or even the Derby one year. And one last thing, thank you for the sweets and candies and sodas and teas and coffees! only thing I could suggest is maybe a few cheese trays and veggies in the fridge in case guests wake up in the middle of the night and are hungry (since there isn't anywhere close delivering or to go to for out of town guest not so familiar with downtown Louisville)

Room Tip: we saw every room and they were beautiful (thanks for leaving the doors open) but we would choose the Presidential every visit
1  Thank Angel A

Thank you for the extensive, glowing review. I am a little puzzled by your rating, wondering how we could earn the 5 stars we strive for.
I want to alert guests that the main house where you stayed was rebranded on Dec. 2 as the Louisville Bourbon Inn. The Carriage House on the property remains "Inn at the Park" and guests in the Carriage House still enjoy breakfast at the main house-Louisvillle Bourbon Inn.

Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

The Inn is simply beautiful! We stayed in the Mayor's room and it was perfect, exactly as described. Went to The Tavern for dinner-delicious and one of Herb's recommendations. Enjoyed the peacefulness of the back porch during the evening. Herb was a wonderful host. Certainly worth the stop.

Stayed: July 2016
Herb W, Owner at Inn at the Park Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2017

Thanks for the plug. We made a couple of changes since your visit. A great couple, both trained chefs, are now Innkeeping here and I am the " "backup". They are doing a wonderful job. Also, we have a new name and theme and an ABC license to match: we are LOUISVILLE BOURBON INN! The Mayor 's Suite is now Mint Julep Room. Please come back soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

We love this place! The rooms are absolutely gorgeous. The common areas are spacious and beautifully furnished as well. We especially liked the covered veranda in the back of the house...it was really hot while we were there and the porch was nice and cool. Breakfast was excellent and Herb was the perfect host. We will be back!

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Glad to return. Great convenient location in "Old Louisville Historic District" across the street from a great park and it's sister property the Dupont Mansion B&B. Both are great with free parking and wonderful innkeepers with a choice of restaurants within an easy walk. If you have hesitated to do a B&B, either of these would be a great first experience.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple