Homewood Suites Louisville East
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsjason's delibedroom suitegreat hotelfull kitchenhome away from homesmall kitchenextended staydefinitely stay here againcomplimentary breakfastwould highly recommend this hotelperfect stayliving areawe've stayedup to datefront desk clerkcomfortable bedsupon check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I was traveling alone, but was upgraded to a 2 bedroom. The suit was very nice! I did have to relocate the tall plant/tree in the hallway, as it kept startling me! The suite had two bedrooms - one with a king bed, one with 2 queens - and two full baths. The kitchen had stainless steel appliances, including a dishwasher and dishes. There was a flat screen TV in each bedroom and in the living room. Usually, these type suite hotels supply serving/storage bowls, but this room did not have any. I liked the desk in the bedroom and used it as my make up table as there was a mirror over it and a bright lamp. The TV in the king bedroom, where I set up, did not get all the cable channels that the living room TV received and I noticed the TV in the fitness center also did not get many channels. I reported this to the front desk, but unfortunately it was a Sunday and the maintenance man was not availalble. I was offered to change rooms, but I had already spent a few hours grocery shopping and getting settled in, so I stayed and watched the living room TV, When I went to warm up some dinner Sunday night, I found the mircrowave did not work. I called to report that and again was offered to be relocated or I could use the microwave in the lobby breakfast area, which I did. This was inconvenient, as again later that night I wanted to use the mircrowave, but was already in my PJs and didn't want to dress to go down to the lobby. Monday AM while showering, I learned the tub drain plug wouldn't stay open and the tub kept filling with water, and also the coffee pot lid needed replacing in order for the pot to operate. I report these issues to be added to the work order for the TV and Microwave repairs. I was gone all day Monday and got in late. When I did get in, completed work order copies on the table stated that the TV and drain were fixed, and a new coffee pot lid was left, but a part for the microwave needed to be ordered - oh no, another night without my evening snack. Tuesday AM I setup and turned on the coffee pot and it never made coffee! I informed the front desk and again was offered to change rooms. Since I was only there 4 days and 3 nights and this was my 3rd day, I did not want to move. I asked for a new coffee pot and was offered a counter top microwave at the same time I was about to ask for one. That last night I was there, when I got back to the room, there was the countertop microwave and a brand new- out of the box- coffee maker. Finally, my last night, I had everything I needed.

The front desk clerk was the same one that answered the phone each time I called. I think her name is Karen. She was very sweet and apologetic, and did try to help out, and maintenance did respond promptly. I think I had a lemon room; however, it should have been checked more thoroughly before being shown as available. I don't think the next person getting that room will have any problems - at least not in the king bedroom and bath, living room and kitchen - don't know about the other bedroom and bathroom since I didn't use them.

I would stay there again if I'm ever in the area - because of the staff response.

Room Tip: Before getting settled, try everything to be sure it works.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank DeeDee134
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Our room was perfect for our needs. We had four individuals and the suite we stayed in had a bedroom with two beds, a bedroom with one bed and a sleeper sofa. It also had a kitchen, full fridge, two full bathrooms and 3 televisions. Hot breakfast in the morning. Wi-fi.
Essentially it had every thing we wanted and felt very clean.
Seemed like a good location as well. It wasn't a far drive to downtown and other eateries weren't far.

The only minor complaint was the elevator seemed like a hike to our room.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We've stayed at this property several times now and have had nothing but pleasant experiences. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean, modern and well appointed. The 2 bedroom suites are just what the doctor ordered after a long day on the road for a our family.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Once again, the Homewood exceeded expectations! I have stayed in at least 10 different Homewood properties, and have never been disappointed. Karen at the front desk gave us a warm welcome upon check-in, and was very friendly and informative. Each time she saw us during our 3 day stay, she asked how we liked our rooms and if we needed anything. This was my brother and sister-in-law's first experience in this type of hotel, and they were thrilled. The rooms were spotless, as always. Everything was in perfect working order, the manager's reception and breakfasts were great. The property is beautifully maintained, inside and out. We were in town for the Street Rod Nationals, and brought our classic cars with us. Upon check-in, we mentioned that the cars got dirty en-route, and within 10 minutes, the maintenance man placed a hose, bucket and towels outdoors for our use. We have no complaints whatsoever, and will return and recommend. Also, if you are searching for a restaurant, consider avoiding the traffic....turn left out of the hotel onto N. Hurstbourne and follow it to the intersection of Westport Road. Lots of options...minimal traffic!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2011

A pretty good experience with a couple of exceptions. The exceptions were 1) the toilet that filled the tank periodically due to a leaky flapper valve keeping my wife awake, 2) the room key that wouldn't work even after being reprogrammed or replaced, and 3) the blast of cold water right in the chest from the shower (not enough directions on how to run these new fangled showers). Breakfast was a little disappointing due to watery scrambled eggs and too much salt/seasoning on the potatos. Night manager was helpful with the room key but when we mentioned these items during checkout, we were told the manager would contact us to discuss them. Never happened. I expect better treatment at a Hilton.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
ChrisAGM, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2011

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. We appreciate your feedback and I will be reaching out to you in order to make this right.