“My new favorite hotel in Louisville!”

Homewood Suites Louisville East
Ranked #1 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Wisconsin
“My new favorite hotel in Louisville!”
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by how nice this hotel is. This was my first time staying at a Homewood Suites and I found it to be very spacious, clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. Plus the price was very reasonable as well. I loved that the bedroom had a ceiling fan as I typically get hot while I sleep and having it run throughout the night kept me cool. I was told that there was a dinner in the evening and breakfast in the morning, however, my schedule was pretty busy so I was unable to take advantage of those extras.

Stephanie, at the front desk was very nice- after I had checked out I called her in a panic as I had misplaced my Jade ring. I was unable to turn around to go back due to a meeting I was running late for and then had to immediately catch a plane after that so when I called Stephanie assured me she would have housekeeping look for it right away and call me back regardless if it was found or not. I received a call back within 15 minutes that it had been found and she would send it back to me in the mail that day.

Very nice hotel, the only problems I encountered were the air/heating unit in the wall was a bit loud throughout the night and the tub would not properly drain due to a broken plug. I did let Stephanie know about the broken plug upon check out and I have no doubt that it will be taken care of.

I will definitely stay at this location again along with stay at other Homewood Suites locations elsewhere. I am very picky so am very happy to have another hotel chain to choose from, I highly recommend checking this out, nice job Hilton!

Room Tip: Will need to use the alternate address listed on the website if using GPS, it is a bit hard to find.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Eatonton, Georgia
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I was traveling alone, but was upgraded to a 2 bedroom. The suit was very nice! I did have to relocate the tall plant/tree in the hallway, as it kept startling me! The suite had two bedrooms - one with a king bed, one with 2 queens - and two full baths. The kitchen had stainless steel appliances, including a dishwasher and dishes. There was a flat screen TV in each bedroom and in the living room. Usually, these type suite hotels supply serving/storage bowls, but this room did not have any. I liked the desk in the bedroom and used it as my make up table as there was a mirror over it and a bright lamp. The TV in the king bedroom, where I set up, did not get all the cable channels that the living room TV received and I noticed the TV in the fitness center also did not get many channels. I reported this to the front desk, but unfortunately it was a Sunday and the maintenance man was not availalble. I was offered to change rooms, but I had already spent a few hours grocery shopping and getting settled in, so I stayed and watched the living room TV, When I went to warm up some dinner Sunday night, I found the mircrowave did not work. I called to report that and again was offered to be relocated or I could use the microwave in the lobby breakfast area, which I did. This was inconvenient, as again later that night I wanted to use the mircrowave, but was already in my PJs and didn't want to dress to go down to the lobby. Monday AM while showering, I learned the tub drain plug wouldn't stay open and the tub kept filling with water, and also the coffee pot lid needed replacing in order for the pot to operate. I report these issues to be added to the work order for the TV and Microwave repairs. I was gone all day Monday and got in late. When I did get in, completed work order copies on the table stated that the TV and drain were fixed, and a new coffee pot lid was left, but a part for the microwave needed to be ordered - oh no, another night without my evening snack. Tuesday AM I setup and turned on the coffee pot and it never made coffee! I informed the front desk and again was offered to change rooms. Since I was only there 4 days and 3 nights and this was my 3rd day, I did not want to move. I asked for a new coffee pot and was offered a counter top microwave at the same time I was about to ask for one. That last night I was there, when I got back to the room, there was the countertop microwave and a brand new- out of the box- coffee maker. Finally, my last night, I had everything I needed.

The front desk clerk was the same one that answered the phone each time I called. I think her name is Karen. She was very sweet and apologetic, and did try to help out, and maintenance did respond promptly. I think I had a lemon room; however, it should have been checked more thoroughly before being shown as available. I don't think the next person getting that room will have any problems - at least not in the king bedroom and bath, living room and kitchen - don't know about the other bedroom and bathroom since I didn't use them.

I would stay there again if I'm ever in the area - because of the staff response.

Room Tip: Before getting settled, try everything to be sure it works.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank DeeDee134
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Our room was perfect for our needs. We had four individuals and the suite we stayed in had a bedroom with two beds, a bedroom with one bed and a sleeper sofa. It also had a kitchen, full fridge, two full bathrooms and 3 televisions. Hot breakfast in the morning. Wi-fi.
Essentially it had every thing we wanted and felt very clean.
Seemed like a good location as well. It wasn't a far drive to downtown and other eateries weren't far.

The only minor complaint was the elevator seemed like a hike to our room.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We've stayed at this property several times now and have had nothing but pleasant experiences. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean, modern and well appointed. The 2 bedroom suites are just what the doctor ordered after a long day on the road for a our family.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
New York
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Once again, the Homewood exceeded expectations! I have stayed in at least 10 different Homewood properties, and have never been disappointed. Karen at the front desk gave us a warm welcome upon check-in, and was very friendly and informative. Each time she saw us during our 3 day stay, she asked how we liked our rooms and if we needed anything. This was my brother and sister-in-law's first experience in this type of hotel, and they were thrilled. The rooms were spotless, as always. Everything was in perfect working order, the manager's reception and breakfasts were great. The property is beautifully maintained, inside and out. We were in town for the Street Rod Nationals, and brought our classic cars with us. Upon check-in, we mentioned that the cars got dirty en-route, and within 10 minutes, the maintenance man placed a hose, bucket and towels outdoors for our use. We have no complaints whatsoever, and will return and recommend. Also, if you are searching for a restaurant, consider avoiding the traffic....turn left out of the hotel onto N. Hurstbourne and follow it to the intersection of Westport Road. Lots of options...minimal traffic!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple