1,593 results
All reviews red penguins contemporary art unique hotel exposed brick black light proof restaurant fun hotel bath products turn down service corner suite comfortable rooms valet parking bourbon trail exhibits galleries cyclone ducky
Reviewed 20 February 2016

Loved everything about this hotel. Gorgeous interior, fun artwork, and fabulous rooms. Loved the idea of a black light in the bathroom for nighttime visits. Parking is probably the low point. Personally, we were lucky to score a spot at the meter at 6 on Saturday through Sunday afternoon, so our car was visible from our room and it was totally free to park. I could imagine others may find parking a bit difficult, although they do offer valet service.

Room tip: Fourth floor facing Main St.
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Eric M, Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Louisville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2016

Dana,
Thank you for writing a lovely review. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed the Hotel, the art and the backlights in the bathrooms! If next time you don't find a meter or don't want to Valet with us, there is a city garage directly behind the Hotel. Hope to see you next time you're in Louisville!

Reviewed 11 February 2016

We stayed one night to go to a show that was in Louisville. The staff and service were incredible (we expected as much because Cincinnati is so fab), and the food at Proof on Main was great too. All in all a great hotel. Will def be our go-to spot for future Louisville stays!

Room tip: I don't think you can get a bad room in this hotel. It's so nice.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Eric M, Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Louisville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2016

Thank you for your shining review. Hearing about the rocking spirit of 21c during your extraordinary experience is such a pleasure for us! I hope you can return one day to visit us again in Louisville.

Reviewed 10 February 2016

Checked into this hotel after a difficult flight and they totally turned my day around. Reception was friendly and efficient, the room was fine and comfortable, but the restaurant "Proof" just blew me away. Food at a 5-star level as good as any from NY, SF, Chicago, etc.

Interesting flavor fusions, lots of small- and main-size dishes, and much of it locally farmed and raised.

I would come back and stay here just to eat at Proof, no kidding.

Even my room service breakfast the next morning was truly great, with excellent coffee.

The hotel also showcases lots and lots of contemporary art, with even a gallery area open 24/7.

I didn't get to see the gym.

I'll be back if I ever have to return to Louisville!

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

I am so pleased to hear 21c and Louisville knocked your socks off in so many areas! From our food, to our staff, to the sites, it sounds memorable indeed. I hope you can return to Louisville and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Funky hotel with museum in downtown area. Loved the large room. Great bathroom with lots of shelf and counter space plus a black light nightlight and a rubber ducky to shower with,ha! Had a time trying to figure out the Nespresso coffee machine. Quiet and faced inner courtyard.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Eric M, Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Louisville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2016

Thank you for writing a lovely review. I'm very happy to hear that you found your room to be well designed and fun. Next time you are back with us we will make sure you know how to use the coffee machine. Coffee is a must in the morning!
Hope to see you back with us soon!

Reviewed 7 February 2016

the room, location, and amenities were on par w/ expectations for a hotel of this caliber. The service from the staff was above my expectations: our server at Proof on Main (their restaurant) had a deep knowledge of the menu and her recommendations made our choices very enjoyable, the restaurant manager, Bill Kehrwald, assisted us many times during our stay with local recommendations for events and shopping, and the bartender had a real personal touch as he executed their fantastic cocktails!

Room tip: We had room 221 which was handicapped access but not intrusively so. Very spacious and quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Eric M, Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Louisville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2016

Dear Kenneth,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We would not be 21c without our wonderful staff and I'm sure Bill and staff will be thrilled to hear they made such a wonderful impression on you! I hope you return soon to make more great memories!