“OUTSTANDING”

Muhammad Ali Center
Ranked #9 of 185 things to do in Louisville
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of historic downtown Louisville, Kentucky, the Muhammad Ali Center is a cultural attraction and international education center inspired by the ideals of hometown hero Muhammad Ali. The Ali Center features 2 levels of award-winning exhibits, a five-screen orientation theater film, historic Civil Rights era media footage, video of Ali fights, interactive boxing fun, two art galleries, children's Hope and Dream wall, meeting and event space, retail store and more.
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We held a reception here and not only the view of the river was breathtaking but the service and food were great too.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I am just old enough to remember Ali when he returned to the ring but it was only recently that I began to appreciate his overall career. The center does a wonderful job not only describing his career (albeit skipping over the boxing low points) but putting Ali's impact in context when he was part of the major political discussions of that time. His brash take on race was part and parcel of the civil rights movement and he refusal to fight in Vietnam was an early sign of the divisions that war would bring. His conversion to Islam even presaged many of the issues we struggle with today. Yes the center is one sided in its praise of Ali, but it is also fascinating and interesting.

There is a lot to do here. Boxing fans can sit and watch entire fights. History fans will enjoy the well done displays on segregation and the war. Kids can enjoy the shadow boxing and other demonstrations. I was quite happy with our trip and so were my kids, 8 and 10.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Allows you to get the full picture of Muhammad Ali's life. He was not just a boxer. Adult's and children will enjoy and learn a lot.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Educational, inspiring and interactive center. Suitable for guests of all ages. Must see for Ali fans.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

My initial reason to visit the center was two-fold; I had an hour or so to kill before checking in to my hotel and I always wanted to see what the center was all about. The museum is huge and houses memorabilia, interactive displays...( yea, even put on gloves and try your punch and jab skills! ) film archives, and so much history of our world and the very unique life of Muhammad Ali. This was a deeply moving experience that brought tears to my eyes. I was so absorbed that time flew and when a guard approached me and said it was closing time and I had to leave, well, I was stunned. My quick visit became a two hour adventure and there was so much more to see and explore that on my way out I bought a year membership. Yes, Muhammad Ali Center is an absolute pleasure and not to be missed.

Been to Muhammad Ali Center? Share your experiences!