All reviews full kitchen jimmy johns slugger field bedroom suite moment we walked in the door bad neighborhood ball game living space louisville downtown front desk staff an extended stay walking distance parking garage comfortable hotel free breakfast the rooms were nice per night
Reviewed 10 July 2018

I booked a 3-night stay at this hotel two months in advance of my trip to Louisville. The morning before check-in, I received a confirmation reminder about check-in the next day. Then the night before my flight to Louisville (less than 12 hours from departure), I received an email (no phone call) saying my reservation was CANCELLED. According to the hotel desk, “an extended stay guest extended their reservation” and thus I was bumped. I was “reaccomodated” to a Hawthorne Inn (a sub-standard property where we were given a ground floor room that was dirty and the hallway had dogs barking), across the river and no longer in downtown where I had pre-planned my activities. Now I would need to Uber everywhere or rent a car! Terrible customer service - subpar reassignment to a lesser hotel and nothing offered in return!
I called the Marriott Elite desk to resolve the issue. Now, 3 phone calls in and more than 2 hours total spent on the phone speaking to representatives and on hold, I still have not resolved the charges that were supposed to be comp’d because the hotel “walked me” to another property.
Traveler beware - your trip (in my case a vacation) can be ruined due to terrible hotel management and unacceptable follow-up/resolution.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ReneeinSDL
Jenna T, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

ReneeinSDL,
Thank you for providing feedback in regards to your experience at the Residence Inn Louisville Downtown. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience that you had with our property. This was a very unfortunate situation that happened and I can assure you that it is not a common practice for us.

Again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

First time traveling to KY to see Taylor Swift the staff was amazing and so welcome!
They are so right when they say people from the south are so much nicer!! Cheri was so welcoming and able to provider answers to any questions someone may have!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

swagner013,
Thank you so much for your review!

Cheri is definitely a huge asset to the team and I am so glad that she was able to make your stay enjoyable.

We hope to see you again if your travels ever bring you back to Louisville.

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Both Pamela and Chris were very helpful, polite, and professional when checking in. They suggested some great places to visit. I wholly recommend, without reservation, this Residence Inn Marriott property.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

C130Driver,
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn Louisville Downtown. Pamela and Christina are rockstars and they can always make each guest feel right at home.

We hope to see you soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Just checked in after reading all the great TripAdvisor reviews and the many mentions of service. I asked myself before checking in, “what is all the craze about service? How great can it really be?” Well, Pamela at the front desk hit it out of the park! It is excellent service. She is a positive, can do and will do type person; she went the extra mile to accommodate our family passing thru town. Huge big and warm thank you. As for the hotel, it is clean and room had the standard and pleasant amenities (kitchen and in our case separate bedrooms). 2-level parking deck protected primarily by cameras (no gate or enclosure). Pool with hot tub clean. I can see Louisville Slugger Field out my window — maybe a 2 minute walk (1.5 blocks). McDonalds one block away. The general environs look spartan/urban — a few vacant lots around. We will definitely stay here again the next time we pass thru.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

PackTheBagAndGo,
WOW! I am so glad that you got to experience Pam. She is one of a kind and truly an asset to the hotel.

I am also so glad to hear that the amenities and room exceeded your expectations.

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Louisville Downtown and thank you for your wonderful review.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

We took a girls trip,and traveled to Louisville KY after winning front row tickets to Taylor Swift.
We were greeted by Cheri, who we all agree is absolutely AMAZING. Knowledgeable,kind, and so incredibly personable! From the moment we walked in the hotel she smiled. Cheri is such a wonderful employee who goes above and beyond for ALL WHO COME THROUGH THE DOOR! Professional demeanor through and through! From acquainting us to your city,to recommending great local events like the flea market. 100 percent the highlight of our trip.
What a gem ... that girl deserves a raise!
Both Pam and Heather were also very professional and helpful, these gals go above and beyond to please the guests at every opportunity they can!
Robert was the other staff member who showed such a welcoming and kind attitude. Helpful at all hours ( when a girls trip is always awake) pointing out the closest restrooms are, assisting us to clean up our after Taylor swift party food. He showed amazing hospitality that goes clearly above and beyond that of days responsibilities, this staff member is one to hold onto.
We had a FABULOUS time at the residence inn, downtown. Clean rooms, great breakfast and a TEAM THAT PUT THE ICING ON TGE CAKE. WHEN TRAVELING TO LOUISVILLE KY AGAIN, We know where to stay! Please extend our thanks to them!!! ♡Heather and the girls from Ohio!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Heather_E_1980,
Thank you so much for the amazing review!

We truly do have a wonderful staff who shows genuine care to each and every guest. I am so glad that you had such a memorable experience.

We hope to see you soon,