“Home away from Home”

Residence Inn Louisville Downtown
Ranked #40 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 18 March 2011

I love this Residence Inn. They definitely have the best staff in the world. To be honest by the end of my time in Louisville, the staff were my friends.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank ACoonin

Reviewed 7 December 2010

My wife and I recently traveled to Louisville and stayed at Residence Inn Downtown. The staff was excellent,very friendly and helpful as we had never visited Louisville before. The hotel provides breakfast, it was very good, way above the bagels and cereal boxes at the other hotels, The suites were nice and clean, very spacious for the two of us.
One drawback to this hotel is possibly location, it is located close to an interstate highway and near 3 hospitals and the airport, so the front suites are a little noisy. Also, there is only 1 restaurant closeby, Mcdonalds. There were no chains in the area,
The restaurants are at 4th Street live about 5 to 6 blocks away. There is a trolley system that runs about every 10 minutes in the downtown. The hotel is located about 10 blocks from the Slugger Museum, but trolley runs and stops directly in front of the museum, I mention the trolley because having a car, you have to pay to park eveywhere.
All in all, I was pleased with hotel and would stay again, at some time other than December VERY COLD!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank pugsybrown
Reviewed 12 November 2010

This hotel was great! I read the reviews about it being in a bad neighborhood and that had me worried, but I needed something close to the Yum center and my daughter wanted a pool. We were in from Cincinnati for the Justin Bieber concert. The hotel was clean, the staff was nice and very helpful with directions and places to eat. The streets were packed down to the hotel after the concert and I felt safe walking back at night. My daughter loved the kitchen along with the free popcorn. Breakfast was amazing always stocked with waffles, eggs, sausage, oatmeal, hash-browns, juice, fruit, coffee, yogurt and muffins. After breakfast we went to the pool it was clean we had the whole area to ourselves. Can not wait to come back and stay again!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank kappel22
Reviewed 18 October 2010

The Residence Inn was clean, comfortable, and accessible. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I cooked a few meals in my room during the week and when I needed an oven (rooms have stovetops only), they were happy to let me use their kitchen.
The gym is pretty decent as well - with lots of exercise equipment, open space, and weight equipment. Aerobic equipment isn't exactly cutting edge, but it get's the job done.
On the downside, my bathroom wasn't exactly spotless when I arrived, the sink drain must have been backed up b/c it was very slow, and my room's windows faced a shady looking parking lot and some run down buildings.
But overall - if you are looking for a quality Marriott in Louiseville (with very friendly/accomadating front desk staff), but don't want to spend $250+ per night on the full Marriott, the Downtown Residence Inn is your best bet.
Comparison to other Marriott hotels in the area:
This is the 4th Marriott hotel that I have stayed at in the Louisville area. I have stayed at the Courtyard by the airport, the downtown Courtyard, the downtown Marriott, and now the downtown Residence Inn. Of the 4, my favorite was the full Marriott (clean, comfortable, great view of the city, beautiful lobby, close to nightlife/ shopping/ restaurants). However, the full Marriott is not cheap.
My experiences at both the courtyard locations left much to be desired (however, to be fair, they may have upgraded since my stays, which were 1 and 2 years ago respectively).

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank FussyNewEnglander
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Staff was friendly, room was very clean, and the whole place looked well maintained. They have a great breakfast buffet that's included. They have wifi, but I didn't have my laptop and needed to print something. They have a courtesy computer with printer, which was very handy. Parking is $10/night, which is not bad for a garage downtown.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family