“Probably my favorite restaurant in Louisville.”
Review of Jack Fry's

Jack Fry's
Reserve with OpenTable
Jack Fry's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,939 Restaurants in Louisville
Price range: USD 21 - USD 65
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Highlands
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Food, ambience, walking distance from my house. What more could one ask for?? Even the somewhat high noise level doesn't seem to hurt the feel of this place. I have never had the food disappoint.

1  Thank Roberta S

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

If one wanted a setting that A Woody Allen movie might be set, the bat that Jack Fry ran for decades has been turned into an urbane bistro with consistently good food

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Walked in to a dimly lit atmosphere and everyone was dresses beautifully. Found out we needed reservations, but after a few minutes we were seated. Our wonderful waiter gave us our menus and water and we realized we had been looking at the luncheon menu for prices and dinner was a good deal more. We gulped but decided everything around us was top notch and smelled even better. I had the foie Gras to start, and I was in seventh heaven. My partners had the salads, and they were amazing. Stilton salad with blue cheese was to die for. Then we had the Jack Fry burgers. One blue cheese, one gruyere, and I can't remember the third one. They were properly rare and delicious. I'm talking one of the best burgers I've ever had and my friends said the same. Not to mention the steak frys. We couldn't finish them all and we took them home and made the best midnight snack with 30 seconds in the microwave. Oh my God.

Let's talk about the service. I have never had such wonderful service. The waiters were extremely attentive and our water glasses never got lower than and inch from the rim. I was in heaven. But they weren't intrusive. It was like magic when our glass were kept full. There was no salt or pepper on the table, but they came around with a pepper mill. The salt was notbneeded. Everything we had was perfection.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Since this is a top-rated restaurant, my husband and I took our chances as a walk-in couple around 5:45 on a Saturday and were promptly seated. Everything was superb - the attentive service, the food and wine recommendations, the ambiance, the food, and the historical aspect. After all, we sat across from the table (number 17) know to be Mohammed Ali's favorite, back in the day. Pictures of the restaurant's famous patrons cover the walls. But famous or not, this restaurant well-deserves it's spot at The Top!

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

As an anniversary meal, my wife had the tenderloin which she enjoyed and i had the pork chop which i enjoyed as well. Her portions were average bit but my pork chop was huge. We liked the decor and the service was top notch. They even gave us a nice dessert for our day. It is overly dark though and loud because of table proximity but i can see why they are a top restaurant.