“Hot Brown”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

We went to Louisville to stay at The Brown & eat a Hot Brown. We were so disappointed because their main restaurant was closed due to it being Labor Day but the Lobby Bar was open, thank goodness.

The Lobby Bar is a very nice place, linen table cloths, fresh flowers, & the grand piano was being played, a very nice setting. Of course we ordered the Hot Brown which we have heard so much about. It was as described in other reviews, absolutely the best turkey I have ever eaten in my life. The sauce was light and delicious. The sandwich is a very generous one, actually too much. If you are with someone I would suggest sharing a salad & a hot Brown, plenty for 2 people.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

This is the only place in town to have a Hot Brown. You know how you can have tiramisu in fourteen different places and only one of them is halfway decent and authentic? Yeah, that the Hot Brown at the Brown. It was invented here, for heaven's sake, and the only place that does it right. The Lobby Bar is a little more exposed but a nice place to see people and be seen. The food is good, the service certainly adequate.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

I had heard about these sandwiches on many food sites so I put it on my bucket list. The cafe was closed so I ate in the lobby bar which was on the second floor. Beautifully appointed with live piano music, I thoroughly enjoyed my meal. I can't wait to try and make one at home.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Up on the second floor, beyond the gargoyles and antique hutches, surrounded by carved and painted walls and lush draperies that reach up a couple of tall stories, lies this gem of a restaurant. The fact that Mr. Brown (who built the hotel) was such a humanitarian and fascinating figure only adds to the charm. The food and cocktails are unique and delicious, and the staff possess all the expertise and personality that make the experience truly memorable. We visited this bar twice on our 5-day visit. You MUST order the hotel's signature Hot Brown at least once (there is plenty to share between 2 unless you have a truly stupendous appetite). A must-do on your Louisville visit!!

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Our waiter was very kind and a good conversationalist. The hot brown and cocktails were both excellent! My wife and I come here just because we love the setting. If you have never been then go just to eat in this beautiful building. The food and service is top notch!