1,284 results
All reviews convention center champions sports bar the concierge lounge self park walking distance yum center per day valet parking very nice hotel valet service fourth street live business trip king room front desk staff upon check churchill downs blu
Reviewed 8 November 2018

The hotel is in a great downtown location, has very comfortable rooms with a good restaurant and bar area. Some areas are still under construction so sometimes noisy but that's the only thing I could say against it.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Susan , Executive Assistant at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Thank you for the rating and comments. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 November 2018

Great place in a great location. This hotel has everything in one place along with great convention facilities. Only thing odd was they charge you for parking in their garage otherwise it is a high end hotel.

Room tip: If you are in your room between 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. you'll want one away from the remodel as that is noisy.

We appreciate you Albie1111
Thank you for taking the time to post and for the comments.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

I have requested a receipt from my stay 4 times. Have not received one yet. Also receipt I was given at checkout was wrong. Also put on wrong credit card. I was told I could check out one day early but charged for it.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear 385darlener;
I sincerely apologize that you've had difficulty. I cannot look up your reservation by your screen name. Please contact the hotel directly and I am happy to assist. Ask for Susan in the General Manager's office.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

Took my Dad to the Breeders Cup and wanted to Stay-as I always do- in a Marriott. On the second night we got back to our room at 9.30 and the room had not been made up. We called for someone to come up and make the beds. The next and final night we got back to find the beds made but that was it, Empty coffee cups no tidying and less towels than we started the day with. Really really poor. No point in paying for such a nice hotel if the rooms are not cleaned.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Susan , Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

This is very disheartening to read and we sincerely apologize. This is not the level of service we pride ourselves on and your comments are being addressed by the Operations team to ensure this doesn't happen in the future. We do hope you would consider us again and allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 6 November 2018

After a long day of air travel, arrived at Louisville Marriott Downtown late Monday night (12:15am) to be informed the hotel had "good news and bad news".... my reserved room was not available and I was "walked" to a hotel elsewhere downtown despite being a platinum Marriott customer. No room upgrade or additional Marriott points were offered for the inconvenience. The Friday night before the Breeders' Cup at 10pm, room service said the wait for food would be "1 to 2 hours," even though the hotel knew for at least a full year that the night would be extremely busy. Valet parking issues, front desk issues...you name it. Even as a dedicated customer of Marriott properties, I strongly suggest looking elsewhere.

Dear Randy M
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience regarding your recent visit to Louisville.
We truly hope you will consider us again in the future as we welcome the opportunity to redeem ourselves and show you true southern hospitality under a Marriott flag.