“Nice Craft Brewery Tied to the Local Ballpark”
Review of Against the Grain

Against the Grain
Ranked #23 of 1,817 Restaurants in Louisville
Price range: USD 8 - USD 14
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Against The Grain Brewery and Smokehouse is Louisville's first brewer-owned brewery and, like most worthwhile undertakings, the product of dissatisfaction with the status quo. The Louisville area has had a number of quality brewpubs for some time now, but still there was simply not enough beer! Against the Grain is an effort to help solve this problem. We maintain a diverse array of beers covering all of the major categories of beer flavor while generating an endless stream of innovative new brews. In short, everything is "specialty" and boredom will be extremely difficult. At Against the Grain, we have thrown out the traditional mode of thought and shifted our attention to producing amazing beer consistently, which can be any given style or have any twist on it. we hang our hats on quality and want you to know there are a world of options out there and we make them! AtG is committed to providing the highest quality beers, ranging from classical styles, to a variety of innovative ales and lagers. Our smokehouse fare coupled with our fresh and local approach, will satisfy both carnivores and herbivores alike. Think you wanna give us a try? Come on down to Slugger Field and move Against the Grain!!
Reviewed 2 September 2017

I only had a very short time to check the place out. The beers were good, with a couple standouts. They offer a really good sampler that lets you try pretty much all the beers that are made on site. The facility was brick/industrial with enough seating when I was there, but I think it would be overcrowded on event days. I could see how this place would be perfect if I was coming for a ballgame.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Great pub next to the ball park across the street from Angels Envy. Absolutely loved the food, they have a great selection of bourbon as well as their craft beers! Great place to wait for your Angels Envy tour!

Reviewed 23 August 2017

While it's probably your standard bar and grill with the added bonus of being next to a ballpark, the thing that stood out to me was the artwork. This brewery has to have the gnarliest can art and merchandise I've seen. The beer is solid, the venue is fun and relaxed - well worth a visit if you're looking for a drink in Louisville. They also appear to be doing well as I've seen their beer carried all the way in Boston.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for a beer. The bartender took a few minutes to get our order and we sat outside once we got our beers. My saison and my wife's kolsch were delicious. The food looked and smelled wonderful but we had already eaten. I look forward to a return trip to enjoy dinner with my beer

Reviewed 18 August 2017

The food was fine for the price and was good to relax outside - the staff were friendly and would go back again at some point in time.