“Good one night stay”

Ranked #21 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
“Good one night stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

We booked into the Drury Inn on our way to Gatlinburg. Needed a place with a pool for the kids. Room was fine. Complimentary breakfast was great. I enjoyed the oatmeal, yogart and eggs. We passed on the complimentary evening reception because it was so jam-packed with guests. My only issue was with the pool. There was a birthday party going on at the pool and I had to wonder how many of these kids were actual paying guests. The water was cold and the pool was packed. Otherwise it was fine for a one-night stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Thank you for your feedback! We sincerely apologize that you had a concern during your stay at our hotel. We value your business and regret that the level of service was not what you expected and deserved. Your comments will help us address the issues you brought to our attention so we can improve our service. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

I just found the most "special" place to stay at the Drury Inn Louisville, KY. The hotel was clean, beds perfect and housekeeping wonderful. That does not mention the FREE snacks and drinks every night. However the important thing that sticks in my mind was the staff. What a friendly "family" that was. I felt like I was fav cousin on a visit that they had not seen for a long time. I was there for a dog show with my dog and the staff was even going around with dog treats in their pockets! Can't say it enough.....The Drury Inn is THE BOMB!!!!!!!!!! Oh yes and their were restrurants very close as was shoppng.

Room Tip: All rooms are good no problem there:)
1 Thank Regina G
Clarksburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

The place itself was nice. But the maids could have done better cleaning the rooms. Nice size rooms. Liked the gated parking idea but they neglected to close the gate so it kind o loses its point. Our only serious problem was with the rudeness and basic lack of concern from the front desk. The front desk clerk when we checked in late Friday night was just plane rude and disagreeable as was the day front desk clerk. I would suggest a lesson on hospitality for all the desk clerks.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback. It has helped us address your concerns for future guests as well as reinforce our goal to exceed the expectations of every guest, every stay. Again, thank you for staying with Drury Hotels and for letting us know about your experience. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I am in Louisville on the Gov't dime for work and I chose to stay at Drury despite the fact that there are several hotels closer to the office if that tells you anything. If you've stayed at Drury before this shouldn't come as any surprise. If you haven't, do yourself a favor and DO IT!!! Drury's are great...they really do give you all the extras. Free breakfast (actual food too not bagels and juice), free internet, free dinner, free snacks, free phone.... Since it's just me, I'm staying in a single king room which is still very nice and plenty spacious and the exposed brick wall is a nice look. This hotel also has Drury's 2-room suites for a few bucks more which are great if you're with a family. They have a separate bedroom and sitting room with a pull out couch separated by the bathroom/kitchenette. The location could be a little better, getting in and out can be fun when traffic is heavy, but that is a small price to pay. The hotel also seems to have a few years on it but it's very hard to say for sure because, like all Drury's, everything is extremely clean and well taken care of and the room is updated nicely.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

This was one of the best experiences I have ever had at a hotel on business or pleasure. While this is not a luxury hotel, it is extremely nice for business or pleasure stays and this location was as clean and well maintained as any luxury hotel I have stayed in. The staff, from the housekeepers, to the breakfast staff and "happy" hour crew, to the hotel management, was as good and nice as you could ever wish for. They all seemed very happy to be there, ready to help you anytime you were around them, and very efficient. The room was clean, and the beds were comfortable. I had a small issue with the first room I was given when I requested an early check-in, and the front desk person brought me a key to the 4th floor to another room. Service like this is not very common any more, unfortunately. Just as a casual observer, the manager of this hotel seemed to be very good with her staff and even better with her customers. I will be back.