All reviews expo center executive west blue horse cafe lifeguard on duty two sinks dog show freedom hall amusement park free shuttle louisville airport large hotel state fair shuttle service beds were comfortable churchill downs indoor pool up to date
Reviewed 12 October 2018

Went there for a 50th High school reunion, and the staff was great ....
Nice place, Rooms big and clean... Parking lot was always FULL, but can walk to convention center, so it was expected.....close to airport and shuttle

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Nona W, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

We love hearing when guests have an awesome stay with us! We consistently strive to ensure each guest has a wonderful experience at our hotel. We’re excited for you to return to our hotel.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

The hotel was nice and clean when we got there. Had a little difficulty getting an ice box for my meds, took a couple of visits to the front desk. Rooms were nice and clean and the wife loved their pillows. The pool, for those who had a chance to use it, was very clean and well kept. Beds were firm and comfortable. I have to say that they BANQUET meals were very good. Lousy service to get a cup of coffee or more butter. They had way too few employees to serve us. And we, at our table had to get up and go get a coffee carafe so we could get refills. Meals were on the upper side for cost. $13 for breakfast and $13 for a hamburger. SAY WHAT!! We did not have breakfast tickets to go with our rooms like a lot of hotels have. Really disturbed my wife and I.
The employees were very gracious and patient when taking care of all of us. We had hundreds at our Promenade (Convention). I asked for a room close to the elevators so that I did not have to walk a long way. They took care of my request and had a room for us when we arrived right across the hall from the elevator. They do not have free coffee on the main floor, BUT they will give you extra coffee for your room upon request. I know, because I live on coffee. Room service is good. The employees working in the restaurant were always very nice and accommodating. Good Job.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Nona W, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Jack,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We love hearing such positive feedback from our guests. We are also very happy to hear that our staff and service met your needs and expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Although it was only a day and a half, everyone was quite pleasant and attentive. Nice and quiet too even though the "Big Game", Louisville v FSU, was in town. Conveniently located just outside airport, I still used the hotel transportation.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We're happy that you enjoyed your stay and we’re looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

The Crowne Plaza is pretty decent for an airport hotel. Decent rooms, decent restaurant — not a tragedy if you have to stay at the airport.
I had to stay at the airport to catch a 6:00 am flight. On-line reviews warned of their airport van service. Already warned, I asked at the front desk if I should reserve a spot on the 4:50 am van. Two desk agents looked up and said “no, no, the vans aren’t busy at that time. Just walk on.”
At 4:50 am (GASP!) I tried to get on the van. The friendly driver told me “I’m terribly sorry, this van trip is fully booked for flight crews. It’s a contract we have.” I complained to the front desk manager, who couldn’t have been nicer. Filled with sincere apologies, she was powerless to help me because taxis were far away, and there was no one else to drive a van...
There was nothing to be done except wait for the next van. Fortunately, the airport is only three minutes away, so the van returned in less than ten minutes. No one died from this, but it was certainly unpleasant, at an already unpleasant hour.
It seems silly for this to be a recurring problem, since fixing it would simply require reserving a spot on a given van. But that's not offered. Don't they care? Or don't they notice?

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Nona W, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Thank you for your positive comments and we are pleased that you had a good stay overall. However, we apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay because of our shuttle service. We will give your feedback to management and do our best to rectify the situation in the future. We hope you give us a second chance in the future!

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed there for some sleep but...we were sadly mistaken. Their alarm went over every couple of hours staying at 11pm. Once we’d get good an sleep, there it would go again. We were exhausted and just trying to get a good night sleep while traveling. Fire alarm was definitely faulty. Would not stay again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Nona W, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest who stays with us, and regretfully in your case we failed to meet that criteria. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We truly apologize for the inconvenience and worry that this has caused you.