New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #54 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Destin, Florida
“Clean, Clean, Clean!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

My company book my travel and hotel accommodations. I wouldn't typically select Holiday Inn, but after my week of staying in Holiday Inns I will definitely consider them. This place was SUPER CLEAN. I don't need a lot of fancy, but I do like clean. My room was great, bed comfortable, and the staff friendly.

I pretty much went directly from the airport to the hotel and back, so I can't review on the location to things to see in the city.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
srobinson1, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, 11 January 2012
Thank you for your review of our location here at the Louisville airport.

I hope that our staff also treated you well and took great care of you during your stay. Cleanliness is a top priority to myself and the staff and we try very hard to maintain this building. Only three years old and she still looks like she came out of the showroom.

Please come back and stay with us during your next stay in Louisville!

Warm regards,

Scott A Robinson
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Troy, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

We needed a place stay since our daughter was showing at the National Livestock Show at the Expo Center. We got a good rate, and the location was perfect. The rooms were big and updated. We ate in the restaurant, and it was fine for a hotel restaurant. Churchill Downs was less than a mile down the road. We had not scheduled a second night, but when a room became available they accommodated our request. They said the hotel was three years old, but I saw little wear and tear on facility. Everything looked brand new.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank coledean
HolidayInnSDF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your wonderful response about our property. As a General Manager these notes make my day. It also is another area that I can share with my staff members with how their hard work pays off, and how important service is to guests. The Livestock Show is a long running special event in this city and on top of that, an important event for the community in Louisville. Please don't hesitate to tell your friends about our property and if you need to make reservations for next year, make them soon because we will fill up rapidly. If you need any other assistance please do not hesitate to contact myself at the hotel.

502-637-4500
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

In town for the EXPO and booked this hotel because suppliers from another country had already booked it. Roms at most area hotels were going for $125 - $160 and this hotel was charging $250 per night. I thought it must be a pretty special Holiday Inn to get that money. Well, it wasn't very special and it was worth about half.

The staff there is very pleasant and friendly. I asked about free breakfast coupons which I usually get as a priority member and was given three for my stay even though it is supposed to be for Platinum members. Very nice. However, I booked a king room four months before check in and was told that one wasn't available. I couldn't remember if I had specified a King when I made the reservation so I didn't make a big deal about it but since I had a lot of work to do, the tiny table in the 2 queen room made things tough.

The restaurant there is weak, once again considering what they are charging for rooms. There is a good selection on the buffet but you have to order drinks from the bar and service in the morning was sketchy. Had dinner there one night and it while it wasn't bad, the fairly simple pasta dish was just flat.

The fitness center was OK, but one of the treadmills was broken so it put a cramp on two days worth of work outs as someone was already on the other.

My bottom line here is that if this hotel wants to play in the big leagues at $250 a nght, then it needs to step up the quality of the ammenities and performance. One last note on the price, I was speaking with a staffer mid-stay and I mentioned that I was surprised at the cost per night and was told that they put it up for the show since it is always crowded. Nice policy. Next year I will handle the bookings for my suppliers and it will NOT be at this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnSDF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I am very sorry to hear about your stay at our property. I'm a little bit confused on how you obtained a $250.00 rate, since our rates were at $149.00-$169.00. I am assuming that you booked so far in advance that the rates had been set at the default rates because the booking window for special events is only 6 months. The rates are set at $250.00 before that time period to protect our inventory. I would be happy to discuss this further with you via telephone to go over your other concerns in detail. FYI the treadmill has been fixed. It was damaged during a Fraternity Party we had the week before. The hotel's phone number is 502-637-4500. Just ask for the General Manager and I will get back with you ASAP. I also want to personally thank you for your input and the time you spent in creating this response. My number one goal is to make the Holiday Inn Louisville Airport Fair/Expo the best hotel in the Louisville area, to provide quality service, and value to everyone's stay.

Best Regards,
Trumansburg NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

We *loved* the staff. They were great. Fantastic. Very pleasant. The hotel was nice, off the beaten path by hundreds of yards. There were restaurants in the immediate area.

The room was nice (with the exception of mildew in the shower curtains) and even quiet, which we were surprised about, being so close to the airport.

We went to a wedding at a winery and when we got back to the hotel, we shimmied up to the bar for a good (Kentucky Ale, ice cold!) beer and sandwiches. We loved that. We weren't that excited about the breakfast brunch option that morning. Some of the hot foods weren't. I ended up eating a yogurt and a cup of skim milk, setting the "hot" things aside - we regretted not ordering from the menu instead.

We left feeling like we enjoyed ourselves, until we got home and realized we may have left something behind. So I placed a call about it and was asked to call the next day. I did and left a message. No one returned my call. I sent them email; that too was not returned. I ended up having to order a replacement in the absence of communication. Because of this, it makes it hard to give value to service. The staff that took care of us were excellent. The followup service after we left was unimpressive.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
      Cleanliness
HolidayInnSDF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, 4 August 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate you choosing the Holiday Inn Fair/Expo Center. We work very hard on making our property the best value in Louisville with a concentration on service and amenities. I truly appreciate you taking the time to recommend us and comment on our facility and staff. If and when you are back in Louisville please do not hesitate to introduce yourself to me at the property.
In speaking with you through emails, I hope we resolved your concern with your computer cord. We run a very tight ship when it comes to lost and found. You would be amazed at what people leave in hotel rooms. Even though we did not find your cord, I wanted to make sure that we did as much as we could for you to resolve your inconvenience. I personally have lost a computer cord and it's no fun when that computer starts to notify you with a low battery. Please do not hesitate to call me at the property if I can provide you with any other services.

Best Regards and Safe Travels,
The General Manager
Elkton, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

Wasn';t the easiest place to find but once I got there they treated me great letting me checkin many hours beofre I was alowed;,

Room Tip: corner room two windows