See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 July 2018

We stayed at this hotel this weekend It was suppose to be a 2 1/2 star hotel (Priceline). NO WAY! At best, it would be a 1 1/2 star rating. I would have NEVER booked this hotel had I known what sort of place this really is. Location is scary. Needs paint, a good scrubbing and a lot of maintenance on the outside. Trash all over the property. People loitering outside the rooms until late. I question whether they were even hotel guests. The lobby was very small and needed updating. The room itself was sort of updated, but smelled sour and had badly stained carpets. Some of the furniture looked like it came straight from goodwill. The remote did not work and therefore the TV was worthless. I had to spend out 20 minutes to get the toilet to flush and the toilet was full of un-flushed toilet paper and other unidentifiable matter. So, DO NOT BE FOOLED by the 2 1/2 star ratings shown on various hotel booking sites.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Lexington - Nicholasville Road, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

It is disappointing to read your comments concerning your stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies, as we never mean to disappoint our guests in any way, and we definitely failed in this attempt. We can assure you that what you experienced is not acceptable by our standards, and we will be reviewing and altering our guidelines to provide a wonderful experience for every guest entering our doors. Please visit us again so we can restore your faith in our hotel and provide you with the hospitality you should always expect from us.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Had high hopes based on pictures and reviews. Arrived at 3:30 am to check in for a 3 night stay. The small amount of carpet in the room was absolutely filthy and disgusting. If I hadn’t been so tired I’d have requested another room. The furniture looks like it was picked up from someone’s trash. Nicked and scratched and filthy. While the bathroom seemed to be updated, the toilet was not installed flush with the floor and was crooked and awkward when used. The laminate flooring on the bathroom and kitchen area should replace the disgusting carpet. The chairs were as filthy as the carpet. Fortunately my time spent was only to sleep at night. Upon checkout they charged me for my stay AGAIN (husband checked out and wasn’t sure) so I had to go back in and have it corrected.
Staff were all nice. The place needs a good cleaning all over.
Sadly I wouldn’t stay here again nor would I recommend it.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank KW90
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Lexington - Nicholasville Road, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Thank you for being our guest. We are sorry you experienced so many difficulties during your stay with us, and please accept our sincerest apology for what transpired. Our respective team members are taking steps to ensure future guests do not encounter the same issues. We regret the inconvenience caused and truly hope you will give us another chance to prove that we are committed to providing outstanding service.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

I booked a room for my son for a week while he looked for a place to live during a summer internship. This location told me to use a credit card authorization form to cover his charges. BAD IDEA. I actually cancelled the booking the day before he was to arrive as we found another option for him. Imagine my surprise when I looked at my credit card statement to find that I had been charged ten times for the week that I had booked, and subsequently cancelled - totaling over $4300 (for a stay that should have been less than $500). And - strangely enough- a token refund of $300. Calling corporate ESA did not help as they had no record of the charges and thus could not refund the money. Not sure what kind of error- or perhaps scam? - is going on there but I would definitely check your charges if you are staying there. I cancelled the card and called my credit card company who puts this in the "fraudulent charges" category. Not sure how it will end up but did want to warn others.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank N8319WLkathyl
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Lexington - Nicholasville Road, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take guest feedback very seriously. As a result, please allow us some time to look into this matter further so that we can properly address your concerns.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

With the derby, UK graduation and all kids needing to move out of the dorms all the same weekend in Lexington as you can imagine rooms were scarce. So, booked this place. It needs a lot of work. Room was really outdated. Dresser in room was old and had dirt on the insides. Same with drawers in kitchen. Staff was friendly but really other then that not much positive I can say with this place. Would not repeat.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Nick F
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Lexington - Nicholasville Road, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Thank you for your stay with us and for the review. We want every guest who stays with us to have a comfortable experience and to depart with a lasting favorable impression. We fell short of making that happen for you, and we are truly sorry. We obviously have room to improve, and we assure you we will. We hope you will consider giving us the opportunity to make it up to you on a future visit.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Everything about this place was nasty. Parking lot, corridors, elevator, walkways, room, linens, windows, etc. were all filthy. Blood on pillow and pillowcase, hairs in bed, broken down bed, I could go on and on. We will NEVER stay here again! The only good thing was the friendly staff that seemed powerless to respond to the situation.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank VOLFAN51
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Lexington - Nicholasville Road, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Please accept our sincere apologies for not living up to your expectations. Cleanliness is a top priority for all of our employees, and we do not take cleanliness issues lightly. We will address this matter with our Head of Housekeeping and with the department associates in order to ensure changes are made immediately to solve these problems. We hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.