All reviews room was clean large walk in shower tub shower combo nice continental breakfast queen room restaurants and shopping within walking distance min drive smoke smell stayed here for two nights hamburg area free hot breakfast uk football game direct tv location is great night stay late at night
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

I have been in 4 cities 4 hotel chains in past 3 weeks. This has to be the worst hotel ever!!! Location to highway shopping food great their only good quality
Room size ok but it smells musty and mildewy - beds ok -bathroom ok - sink beautiful-had to switch rooms because mine didn’t have a lock and they didn’t seem concerned until I got loud at the front desk -lobby small dated halls disgusting seating areas in each floor disgusting —another party member has a broken bed again staff seemed unconcerned- if I wouldn’t lose my money I’d leave in a heartbeat unfortunately here 3 days for baseball tournament. Run for the hills before you book here!!!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MJ R
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Stayed here for one night while in town with family and booked this hotel because of the reasonable rate, positive reviews and solid pictures.

I'll start with the positives: The rooms have obviously been remodeled over the last few years. The furniture seemed relatively new and was aesthetically pleasing. The hotel uses DirectTV which gives you the ability to pull up the guide directly on the television to pick a show and offers HD channels. The breakfast was okay.

Negatives: For starters, the air conditioning in the rooms couldn't keep up with the heat from outside. The temperature outside was in the low 90s and our room was set at 70. When we returned to the hotel around 9 o'clock, our room was at 73 degrees and didn't cool down until well into the night. When we woke up the next morning, I found that the hotel didn't have any hot water. I took an ice cold shower and informed my wife about the issue. She called the front desk and was told, "someone came over to try and fix it yesterday, but they left and I guess they never got it fixed." There was no apology, no offer of a discount for our trouble. I actually experienced a similar issue at a hotel down the road a few months prior and without any prodding was given complimentary honors points for my trouble. The customer service was disappointing, which seems to be a trend with this particular hotel.

All in all, if I had visited on a different night, I probably would have had a better experience. However, I can only share the experience I did have, which was less than ideal. I wouldn't personally recommend this hotel and will be staying somewhere else in future visits to Lexington.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2018

We stayed here for three nights while in town for a funeral. That's three nights they didn't have to worry about selling our room. But then, at this hotel, no one worries much about anything.

Each day, when we returned to our room, the key didn't work. I think they can only program them for 24 hours, but no one will admit that. The response from the desk: "don't keep it next to your cellphone." We didn't. On the second morning, no hot water. When I told the attendant at the front desk that we all had to take cold showers, he said, "OK, thanks." No one on staff has ever learned the words "I'm sorry."

The free breakfast is adequate, although the small coffee dispensers frequently run dry and require five minutes to refill. Stay away from the credit-card vending machines, as they double-charged me for a soft drink with no recourse.

The beds are rather uncomfortable, but not terrible. The room and common areas appear fairly clean. The rate was a good value for the area...so I'll rate this place overall as average. For a quick overnight stop, it's OK (so long as you don't take a cold shower in the morning).

Staying three nights is too long, and if you can afford to spend a few more dollars, go somewhere else. These people only want your money and care nothing about your comfort.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Absolutely one of the best hotels we've stayed in. From check in to check out, it was fabulous. Extra friendly staff and it was nice to see the same faces every day..not always the case..and housekeeping staff was courteous and helpful. Continental breakfast was a full breakfast, including waffles, eggs two ways, sausage, and danish, biscuits, etc etc. Our room had lots of space and was very clean. Fresh cookies in the afternoon, and it is within a short walking distance (several just across the road) of a lot of restaurants. The best part for us was the washer/dryer in the vending area, so we left with clean clothes after a 4 night stay. Will stay here everytime we are in the area!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2018

We stayed here for two nights. It's a good location with stores, restaurants and a movie theater nearby. 15min drive to downtown (Lexington roads are not the best!). The room was clean and comfortable, with fairly modern decor. Breakfast was fine (cooked, cereal and baked goods). Service friendly.

Date of stay: May 2018