“horrible service”

Crank & Boom Ice Cream Lounge
Ranked #1 of 112 Quick Bites in Lexington
Price range: AU$4 - AU$13
Description: Crank & Boom Craft Ice Cream started in the back of our family restaurant, Thai Orchid Cafe, with one flavor: Coconut. After making ice cream for about 6 months as a simple dessert option, we noticed some customers were coming in to just buy the ice cream….and they didn’t order any Thai food. From there, we began serving our super premium ice cream at festivals, weddings, parties and schools. The company grew organically from community support and we opened Crank & Boom Ice Cream Lounge in June 2015 in the Lexington Distillery District. Our second location at the Barn at the Summit at Fritz Farm opened in September 2017. Crank & Boom is now sold with 40+ retail partners, like Kroger and Whole Foods and has supported hundreds of local non-profit and community organizations.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I only wanted a cone of bourbon, but the "gentleman" said that because it was Sunday I should receive the "Sunday" option. I accepted it, it was not what I wanted, but I accepted it. Then I told him that I don't want topping peanuts and he continued adding them without listening to what he was saying. After having placed him two or three times he tells me, it's a "Sunday" isn't that what you want? I'm very confused!. I said no enough times to give him time to not put anything on it. So I left the place with an ice cream that I couldn't even eat, very sad because it made me feel stupid. I understand that it has peanuts on top but I didn't want it, I'm paying for it, I could be able to receive what I want, what if I'm allergic to stupid peanuts?

Date of visit: June 2024

Reviewed 24 May 2024

Every guide book recommends this place and we were excited to go, but were disappointed by the quality of the ice cream. The texture was good, but the flavors were very mild, almost no flavor really. I had Black Raspberry and Dark Chocolate, and neither was very flavorful. The dark chocolate tasted like inexpensive grocery store chocolate ice cream, not dark at all. The black raspberry was better, but again only faintly flavored.

The best choice was a honey flavored scoop, but although better, not great.

I would not go back.

Date of visit: May 2024
Reviewed 1 May 2024

I went thinking I was gonna eat the best ice cream ever especially after reading the reviews and honestly for such a little portion I could not believe how expensive it was No wonder America is in a bind!!!!! Never again I can get better any day all day and alot more at any grocery store!!!!

Date of visit: September 2023
Reviewed 19 April 2024 via mobile

By far the best ice cream I’ve had in a long time. The 4 flavor sampler is a great deal. The coffee oatmeal stout was amazing. I see a GoldBelly delivery in my future

Date of visit: April 2024
Reviewed 23 March 2024 via mobile

Coming from outside of Lexington, and even Kentucky, you have to go for a flavor they are known for, bourbon. The bourbon and honey is well balanced and very smooth with a pleasant fat content.Truly a great choice.

Date of visit: March 2024