All reviews room was clean bob evans cracker barrel new carpet other hotels pleasant stay ice machine hot tub would stay again waffles howard interstate gas walmart microwave florida
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I read the reviews and thought omg what am I doing just for a hot tub. Turned out to be the nicest hotel of our weekend. No bugs no hateful employees. I was meet with kindness and hospitality. Will definitely be going back.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Lisa M, Manager at SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Lynnie,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us your feed back. I thank you for your kind words, I am also happy that you guys enjoyed the hot tub. Unfortunate people do give bad reviews just to be spiteful. But its guest like you that makes a difference.

Again Thank you

Reviewed 6 September 2018

Made a reservation the day before (3 Sept at (9:30am)..Drove 8 hours...stood at the desk for 8 to 10 minutes...then wasn't even greeted...Finally, was asked "How can I help you?"...VERY RUDELY....when I gave Stepanie my name...she said "I do not have a reservation for you ...Instead of saying "We don't have your reservation but we have a room for you." I told her this is the worst customer service ever....I will just go to another hotel (Hampton Inn, right next door), she could have cared less......I want to know what happen to my reservation in which I talked with a girl that called me "honey" several times...and take my credit card number over the phone...Something shady about the place,,,,DON'T STAY HERE!111 Bates Motel would be even better...Never made it to a room...I am sure it was a dump.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Ed D
Lisa M, Manager at SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Mr. D

I do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have had, but upon your check in, the front desk staff was checking someone in as well as on the phone. Your reservation was made but was cancelled on a accident. There is nothing shady about out hotel. So once your reservation was cancelled that wiped out the credit card as will. Again I do apologize.

Surestayplus by Best Western
Manager

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

DO. NOT. STAY. HERE!!!!
This is the most disgusting hotel I’ve ever stayed in. If I could give it a zero rating, I would. We (ourselves, not the lazy house keep on staff) has to go get and change our sheets 3 times we we first arrived because of the stains we kept finding. Fortunately there weren’t any in the mattress. The pillows are the worse than overused $5 Walmart pillows. I’m pretty sure there was mold on the bath towel because it had little black specs.

They obviously don’t come close to hotel standards because the sheets are pink which means they NEVER bleach them.

The lobby smells funny and so do the rooms.

If this is the standard of cleaning for your house keeping staff, I’d hate to ever visit one of their homes.

The poor guy beneath us couldn’t sleep because these cheap walls are so thin. We were simply walking around getting dressed and he thought we were stomping.

DO. NOT. STAY. HERE!!!!!!!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tanorria A
Lisa M, Manager at SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Thank you for your feed back. I do apologize that you had problems with your room. I do apologize that you had to change your own sheet, we did offer to do this for you. No our pillows are not from Walmart, yes the sheets do get bleach they do make bleach for color clothes..

But again I am sorry about your stay.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

We started in a room and I always search for bed bugs and well I lifted the covers of the bed and it’s hard to tell by the pic but it was a bed bug! I have a video of it but it will not let me upload a video. Moved to another room and one of the mattresses was completely sliced open and could see mold in mattress . It was horrible. 3rd room I did a search and appeared to be ok so we stayed room was dirty. Toilet had urine around bottom base big stain on middle of mattress. And I don’t think they vacuumed in quite a while. Went and bought my own cleaning supplies an scrubbed down the room and we did let Amy of our suitcases on the ground. I would of found some where else to stay but it was Breyerfest weekend and I could not find anything. Definitely would not stay here again and don’t think I should be paying for staying here or at least a discount. It was horrible. I will be personally contacting manager too.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank shellebonn
Lisa M, Manager at SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Ms. Bonn,

I do apologize for any inconvenience that you had with your stay. However the room you said had bed bugs in it, pest control did not find anything in the room, as for the other room housekeeping was unable to find any slices in the mattress. We take pride of our hotel and appreciate feedbacks. But we did check the rooms that night and didn't find anything. If I can been any other assistance please contact me at 859-293-2201

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

We were so exhausted from a long trip . We needed a hotel that would allow for a small quiet dog . The room was so filthy . The amount of dust on the chairs and walls were made is feel like it had not been cleaned in months . The tub beyond in need of replacement. The plastic on it was starting to disintegrate. Just because it was a "dog" approved room does not make it ok to be so dirty .

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family