I've stayed at this hotel 3 years in a row when coming to UK in the fall. I have ALWAYS had a good experience here. My room was clean, had adequate towels etc. The front desk workers really helped me out my first time I came to Lexington for school all the way from California. They explained the city, drew me maps, recommended places to eat etc. I have to reiterate to visitors, even if you get GOOD directions, you're probably going to get lost in Lexington, it's hard to get around in, the streets change names all the time, tons of one way streets, and the wagon wheel concept is confusing. Our first trip we drove on the circle at least twice before realizing we were passing the SAME walmart each time. The front desk will do their best to give you good directions but that is no guarantee. Even if I gave you directions after living here 3 years, you'll probably get lost all the same.
I stayed at this hotel for $99/night each time, the front desk has been helpful, they call cabs for you if you need it, and the breakfast is "ok" so long as you're not looking for a gourmet meal. They have bagels, biscuits you can toast, gravy, toast, cereal, orange juice, etc. Make sure you get down early to eat.
Regarding the train noise...this is part of Lexington, if it's not the train, if you're staying near downtown, it'll be sirens.(Lexington is host to the only level 1 trauma center in the state). I didn't have a problem sleeping through the train or sirens even on my first trip to Lexington when I wasn't used to it. If you're concerned about train noise you can probably ask for a room in the front of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington Downtown at the University of Kentucky UK. This downtown Lexington, KY hotel is located just blocks from the campus of the University of KY UK & minutes from several area hospitals. We are also conveniently located 5 miles from Lexington Bluegrass Airport (LEX) & I-75/I-64 Interstate access. This downtown Lexington, KY hotel is less than 1 mile from the Lexington Convention Center & Rupp Arena. For horse lovers, this Keeneland Hotel is just a short drive from the track, the Red Mile & numerous Kentucky Horse Park events.Our corporate amenities include free high-speed Internet access, meeting room & 24-hour business center. Hospitals: University of Kentucky UK Chandler Medical Center, Saint Joseph Hospital, Central Baptist Hospital & Good Samaritan HospitalBusinesses: IBM, Lexmark, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, PNC, Central Bank, Fifth Third Bank, Fasic-Tipton, Ashland & UPSLocal Attractions: Bluegrass Lexington Airport LEX, Keeneland Horse Racing, Lexington Convention Center, Rupp Arena, University of Kentucky, UK Commonwealth Stadium, Red Mile, & Transylvania University.Visit Lexington, KY Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express hotel while attending the following Lexington events:Fayette County High School Graduation 6/4-6/5Junior League Horse Show at the Red Mile 7/6-7/12AAU Basketball 7/13-19 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, IHG, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Lexington- Downtown / University
- Holiday Inn Lexington
- Holiday Inn Express Lexington
- Lexington Holiday Inn