All reviews full size fridge car wash donuts and coffee convenient location bed was comfortable one night stay visit family home away from home waffle house staff was friendly would stay again microwave margie bluegrass gil hospital surgery
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

The beds were very comfortable. As for the rest, read their website. What they say is what you get, it says donuts and coffee for breakfast and that's what you get. A box of Krispy cremes and a pot of coffee in the lobby. Nothing special, but we were there for the city and the area (bourbon and horse races) not the room. I will stay there next time I'm in town.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Thanks for staying with us and for the callout to our website - we're honest about what we offer! Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

We loved our 3-night stay at this hotel. From our first phone cal with the sweetest Southern voiced-lady at the front desk to reserve a room to every employee we met on site, it was obvious that management has it together and that the staff enjoys and takes pride in their workplace. Everything about this hotel was clean, neat and obviously well cared for. We also enjoyed being so close to restaurants, shopping, & movie theaters. We highly recommend Bluegrass Extended Stay and hope to return one day. Thanks for a great experience in Lexington.

Room Tip: Room 134 near the office impressed us with the quiet atmosphere & we loved parking at our door. Hotel feels well-built.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Thank you! We're so happy that you loved your time with us -- we're a family-owned business that puts our heart into this place. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Not much.

I’ll list the positives first, the staff was friendly, there was a lot of parking and the heat worked well. For those three reasons I rated my stay 2 out of 5.

THE ROOM

When I entered the room, I was immediately hit with a “fresh” scent. Good right? Unfortunately after 5 minutes and your nose adjusts to the smell, you realize what that “fresh” scent is masking, in a word “funk”. I never found out where it was emanating from, so I assumed everywhere... Although clean seeming, the room seemed beat up, like it had many, many miles.

THE BATHROOM

The toilet had a “stain” at the bottom of the bowl. I’m not sure what that “stain” was and I’ll refrain from posting the picture, but I did take one. It was not the most pleasant thing to look at. The bathroom issues didn’t end there, the shower didn’t fully work. One third of the water was coming out of the shower head and two thirds of the water came out of the bath spout. Because there was barely any water going through the shower head, I had to stand directly under it. Not ideal.

THE BED

When I peeled back the floral comforter, I saw 6 long hairs on the two pillows as well as the sheets underneath. Two thoughts came into my head: 1) the hairs were stuck on the floral comforter or 2) they didn’t change the pillowcases/sheets. Either way, not good.

I was also disappointed because I had heightened expectations due to the gushing reviews left by previous guests. I’m not sure why this place has so many good reviews. That was the deciding factor for me to book the room.

I guess you get what you pay for, but with that said, as a guest, what should we expect? After all, I did pay my hard earned money...

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Geoff M
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Hi there. The room you stayed in was just remodeled with new furniture, carpet and refinished walls. We fixed the tub spout as soon as we saw your note - any issues brought to our attention are corrected asap. The toilet had a small scar in it from a plumbing tool (we think stains from other ... means ... are gross, too). All linens are changed after every guest, no matter what - I apologize that the hairs weren't caught by laundry staff and that you were unhappy with your stay.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Great affordable stay. They had a welcoming staff and large parking lot. The rooms were large and clean, with plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. If I'm ever passing through again, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank jakemhead
samishalash, General Manager at Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Thanks for staying with us, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Really nice hotel. I know it isn't the most walkable area but there's a great grocery store and movie theater right near by. I was able to kill them very easily and the room provided a comfortable space in which to chill. Clean, comfortable & had a really friendly staff.

I couldn't make the complimentary breakfast as I had work obligations but it certainly smelled good.

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank Joel W

We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay (and were able to kill time easily at the movies)! While we don't offer breakfast, hot, fresh Krispy Kreme donuts are up for grabs 'til they're gone each morning in the lobby. Guessing you smelled one of the nearby restaurants, there are many within walking distance :)