“Could've been better.”

Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen
Ranked #143 of 983 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

I have been to other Cheddar's in Kentucky and this particular one is probably the worst of all of them. Walked in and waited about 2 minutes for the greeter to come by. We got sat in a corner in the bar section by an emergency exit. There was plenty of tables available in the non bar area. We had a little girl with is, so the bar is not appropriate seating. Our waiter was forgetful and slow and didn't come around that often. The steak was supposed to be medium and it came out raw. I had to get up and look for someone to fix it. The water tasted dirty. The potato soup and ribs tasted fine. They do offer a military discount which is much appreciated.

1  Thank Russell C

Reviewed 9 December 2017

My girlfriend and I ate here on a UK game night. We were seated quickly and had great service. The food was excellent as always. Great atmosphere. We really like this location and make it a habit to stop in.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

The food was delicious. The price was right, I had 20 ounce ribeye, broccoli casserole and mash potatoes. It was cooked just right. The server was very nice.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

You know you don't have the best server in the industry when you see them leave the restaurant to go next door to a service station to get a pack of cigarettes when you are looking for them. Didn't get much better from there.
Had to get up from the table and track down the server to request an order of bread.
The other problem wasn't the server's fault, but I had about the worst baby back ribs I've had anywhere. They were over cooked and very dry. We had to track down the server, once again, to ask for barbecue sauce to help with the dryness. Still couldn't eat some of the meat.
I've had too many good experiences at Cheddar's to let this one keep me away.
I probably should have complained about the ribs, but I wasn't in the mood.

1  Thank frankhamil
Reviewed 12 August 2017

We ate at this Cheddar's on a recent family trip. We've always enjoyed the food at Cheddar's - it is consistently good. Our waiter, Austin, was friendly and helpful. He chatted with us about our trip (and travel in general), and was very nice. One of us ordered a Monte Cristo, and it was very tasty, as always (this particular person always looks forward to the Monte Cristo and won't even consider ordering anything else). It was a late meal after a long day of traveling, and each of us thoroughly enjoyed our food. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.