“Neighborhood Bar and Bistro”

The Tulip Bistro + Bar
Ranked #198 of 997 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cooper
Description: The Tulip Bistro + Bar is a small treasure in the Chevy Chase Neighborhood. Chef Spencer van den Dool has worked in fantastic local restaurants such as Pacific Pearl and Emmett"s before going to Holland and working at a 2 michelin star restaurant called De Kastanjehof, where he fine tuned his French-American cuisine. The menu offers such things as Mussels, Fish and Chips to Shrimp & Linguine & Short Ribs. There is something for everyone! Our wine list covers most of the world, while our martini list features old and new favorites, such as Tulip Margatini, Blue Goose and The Grand Cosmo.The Tulip will impress you and have you making a reservation for your next visit.
Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed dinner at The Tulip Bar & Bistro. It's a "neighborhood" restaurant, with good vibes and upscale locals. Dress is casual to smart casual.
There were lots of diners on the patio area which is adjacent to Romany Road. We ate inside.
Decor is nothing special, but the food is great. I had the Chicken Roulade which was excellent, as were the accompanying tasty red skin potatoes and green beans. My meal was $25 which I consider worth it for an independant (non-chain) restaurant offering quality, flavorful, well presented food. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his burger and fries. Lovely hot bread was served before the meal.
The wait staff were pleasant, and based our our experience I recommend this locally-owned restaurant.

1  Thank Lilly M

Reviewed 11 August 2016

My husband made reservations for my birthday at the Tulip because of the opportunity to have oysters. And indeed we had oysters. My husband had a dozen oysters on the half shell and they were very good. I had a half dozen each of Rockefeller and grilled. They were both good but I thought the Rockerfeller had too much breading. The grilled were quite good. We also had mussels with garlic anise sauce and they were delish! The salads were fresh and tasty.
The server did a great job juggling our meal since our table was very small and really couldn't hold all the food at once. She was attentive and provided good service.
We had a very good meal and will probably eat here again.
Know when you go it is noisy and not the place for a romantic meal

Reviewed 20 July 2016

Celebrated an anniversary here. Great selection of appetizers which are appealing alternatives to a full meal to me. Good service

Reviewed 12 July 2016

I went here for dinner last week. Great patio! We had drinks, appetizers and salads. My salad was good. I had the oysters rockefellar. They were pretty good. The topping was more of a bread topping instead of spinach (which I like better), but it wasn't bad. My mother also liked her salad. She had the crab bisque, which was good but a little on the thin side. I will definitely go back and try an entree. Service was good. The inside is very small and quaint. A little dark, but not bad. I would set at the patio again for drinks and conversation.

Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

Good food, good service and good environment. Had good oysters for being so far from ocean. Lamb was good. Wine selection okay (needs a few more choices). A bit over priced.