“An adventure ”

Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill - The Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Harrodsburg
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

We are here with a bus load of people for one night. We were told not to expect anything fancy. It's not, but it is fun, as we are looking at it as a memory. Some of the fun things (I'm serious) - we are on the third floor, no elevator so reserve your room carefully. The ceiling in the bathroom slopes with the roof line, my head did not hit it as long as I stayed near the shower head. The flat screen TV has rabbit ears. No WiFi. Bring slippers for walking on the old time wood floors. Wood pegs around the walls instead of a closet.
I AM NOT complaining. This is fun if you know what to expect.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
ShakerVillagePH, Vice President of Hospitality Services at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill - The Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Thank you for staying with us recently and for writing a review about your experience. I'm happy to see that you embraced the historic elements of your guest room. The buildings that contain lodging rooms are original Shaker built buildings from the early 1800's that have been carefully restored to their authentic look. We are not cookie cutter or modern in design but offer a true look into the past with a touch of modern amenities. Thanks again for your input!

Reviewed 17 October 2017

A weekend overnight at this idylic location brought us into close touch with 200 year old living conditions on a farm. Though our room in the East Family Dwelling had some modern features like coffee maker, bathroom, heater in the bathroom, etc., the original floors and no elevator remind one that it is, "historic."

Room Tip: As the Inn is on a working farm, there are flies, and they seem to want to come into the rooms on t...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank James E
ShakerVillagePH, Vice President of Hospitality Services at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill - The Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thanks for staying with us recently and for writing a review. I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your visit in our unique and historic accommodations. I hope you also got to enjoy the many offerings on the premises and will keep us in mind for a return visit in the future.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We spent one night after a day at Keeneland. I knew what to expect after reading up on the place and information from friends who had stayed there. We stayed at the Trustees building which also has the restaurant which is helpful if you don’t want to walk or drive from the other buildings. Our king room had been renovated but work still needs to done in the bathroom. I get it the place is old but zero water pressure in a very old and tiny shower. Room was drafty. At checkout we let them know about some issues and they called to have it looked at. Bed was comfortable and internet was sporty at best. Dinner was OK, limited selection, but service was good.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kara S

Thank you for staying and dining with us recently. I appreciate your business and the time you took to add a review of your experience here. We will look into the issue with low water pressure that you noted in your room. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future when your travels take you back to our area.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

We passed through the Lexington area last weekend on our way to Tennessee and decided to stay at the Shaker Villiage. What a fun experience! I have a 3 year old and a 9 month old, and we all had a great time. We stayed in the Old Stone House on the third floor, so we couldn't lug the double stroller up and down the narrow steps, but we felt very safe and comfortable leaving it in the main living area of the house. Not many places do we feel comfortable just leaving an expensive stroller out of our view! We don't pass through this area much, but we would definitely come back if we find ourselves back in the area. Thanks for preserving a little piece of history!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
ShakerVillage, Vice President of Hospitality Services at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill - The Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Thanks for staying with us recently and for writing a review about your experience. I'm happy to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay and the history of Shaker Village. We hope to see you all again in the near future!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I have been going to Shaker Village once a year for years for the Shaker experience.  I'm not sure I will be going back next year.  My favorite part of the visit was always to enjoy the Shaker type food you couldn't get anywhere else. They have hired a new chef.  Apparently, a chef from out west.  As I recall, there weren't too many Shakers out west.  Why would you hire a chef who had no southern style cooking experience?  Not only is there nothing Shaker about the entrees, the food was bland.  It use to be more family style cooking.  Not anymore.  I live in the Northern KY/Cincinnati area and I can drive 15 minutes for a way better food/dining experience.  In addition, we had one waitress that was less than Shaker quality.  We had the breakfast buffet and we were completely finished with our meals before our drinks came.  We waited 20 minutes for our drinks.  When we asked the waitress where our drinks were, she replied that she only had two hands.  Maybe the better, more acceptable reply could have been, I will be right back with them.  Very disappointing, overall experience and a shock from years past.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank sharicaldarelli
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrodsburg
10.4 km away
15.9 km away
The Farm LLC
The Farm LLC
#1 of 8 in Danville

Been to Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill - The Inn? Share your experiences!