“The locals like it”
Review of Hot Plate

Hot Plate
Ranked #8 of 55 Restaurants in Franklin
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The hot plate is a pole barn but truckers and pick up trucks lined the road. They have dine in and carry out. The waitress was very nice, the food was good and inexpensive and the place was clean.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

My wife and I enjoy meat and threes, and Hot Plate had been recommended to us. The food was pretty good. The veggies were hot but the barbecue was not. Nothing special about the veggies, but they were okay. The server may have been having a bad day, but she needs help on serving and people skills. After our food was delivered to our table--and not by her--she never stopped by to see if everything was okay, never offered to refill our drinks, never offered dessert. She dropped our ticket on the table without saying a word.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

The Hot Plate is a very large open room with a bunch of tables and chairs. It can be loud. Food is exactly what you would expect of a place like this. Nothing that stands out and nothing too objectionable. Prices in-line with what you would expect. Some very friendly waitresses. I have found a long hair in one of my meals but only once. It’s just a few miles north of Franklin and you are likely to run into people you know.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Place is out in rural area, not a variety of food. Staff wasnt very friendly. I had eggs, ham and buscuits. The ham was very dry

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

I ordered the fajita chicken salad which was really tasty. The chicken was great. I would have preferred a lot more vegetables in the salad and more salad in general as the dish was very cheese heavy compared to anything else. I think the salad was made up of simply lettuce and tomato. Would have been nice to have a little more variation (cucumber, different salad leaves, carrots, radish, or any other different vegetables to make an interesting salad) but an excellent tasting dish.

My partner ordered the fried catfish which was great. Although the sides were very disappointing. He ordered the mashed potato, which tasted like it was made from a packet of powder, green beans which were definitely from a tin and therefore a little revolting and the mac and cheese which was pretty standard.

The deserts we chose were the blueberry pie and the Oreo pudding which were both nice.

The service was good, food arrived incredibly quickly and price was reasonable.

Been to Hot Plate? Share your experiences!