“Night away!”

Capital Plaza Hotel
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Frankfort
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

First stay at Capital Plaza in Frankfort and we would definitely stay here again. Everything was clean, staff was nice and the food at the bar was great! Well we only had cheese and pretzels but everyone else's food looked and smelled great. We ate at another place downtown. Not impressed. The bartenders were super nice at the Plaza. Look forward to our next stay!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda M
Carol J, General Manager at Capital Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2016

Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent stay. I was very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and plan to return. I will share your thoughtful comments with our staff. Look forward to seeing you on your return visit. Safe travels!!!

Reviewed 2 October 2016

I've been here multiple times over the past years.
Front desk: Most of the front desk people are nice/friendly; but a couple are not. The past few times I've gone; one of your front desk people always looks flustered or hurried. It's busy on a Sunday with lot's of people checking out; I got it. But if you're working Sundays, then its not like it should be a huge surprise. The person was rude, too. Not only to me; but a few other people as well. How this person still works there is confounding to me (as I've had to deal with said person the past few times I've been there. I've been going here for over a decade every March (just about) and sometimes during the fall (a few times) and it hasn't been that bad. Just letting you know a front desk worker can ruin an experience even though the interaction can be for a few minutes. Some places are decent; but if the front desk is bad; why should you go back?
Rooms: Decent. The setup is nice and bathrooms are decent. However......the cleaning people. The last couple of times has been disgusting. It's a 50/50 shot if the bathroom is completely clean when you get to your room. I found hair on the shower curtain a couple of times I'd been there. There was a stain on the mattress that looked like blood, so luckily I was able to get a different room (this was a different time). Other times; the room and bathroom has been great. Again; just one bad experience can ruin that a person comes back.
Other: The restaurant is good. Just not worth a high price. I remember the pool was down for a long time, too. I don't know why it took so long to take care of it. The people that own the hotel (and others) can afford to sponsor quite a few events in the area; but they need to throw some of that money into the staff and upkeep of this particular hotel. It's one of the faces of the plaza.
Overall: Some of the times I was there deserve a one, some a five, and some a "meh". I guess it really all depends what time of year you go, what event is going on in Frankfort, and what staff is on hand. Since it's the only hotel with that ease of access to to plaza and convention center; then you have to stay here. If there was another hotel close by where I wouldn't have to drive 10 minutes to get there; then I'd stay there instead.
I rate it a 3. Coin toss if your room is clean.

Stayed: March 2016

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I appreciate your honesty about your experiences and I will share this with the staff to help us improve our service. I hope your next stay you will find that you can give us all "5's" for the service and cleanliness. Look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

We were so upset with this hotel as we had seen it on Hotel Impossible. our room was clean but really dated. our bedding was very uncomfortable. When we were in the hallways by the meeting room there was a ramp outside the door with a rug thrown over the rail and a wood plank. lamp sitting on the floor just outside the meeting room. Breakfast was not very good, flavor and choices. The orange juice was excellent.

We ordered from the bar cheese cake and nachos which was excellent

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Carol J, General Manager at Capital Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. We do know that our room furniture is dated and that is why we are making changes as we speak. The reason you saw the ramp by the meeting rooms is because that is how we are bringing new furniture in the building. It is temporary and will go away upon conclusion of the project. No meetings were scheduled in this area. The lamp was sitting on the floor again because we were doing work in the area. That is certainly not our presentation style. You will be happy to know that we are upgrading our elevators, our rooms, corridors and entry ways. I am glad you enjoyed your meal as I do believe we have some of the best food in this area. If your travels bring you through this area, please visit us again and see the changes we have made. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. We should have new photos on our website very soon.

Reviewed 10 September 2016

Front desk staff was great. Very helpful and patient. Bed was comfortable. Towels were poor quality and very small. Food at breakfast ordinary. Had a conference rate so was not too bad, but had I paid more this would have been VERY dissatisfying. Location is good.

Room Tip: River view rooms are noisier. Your choice.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlotte F
Carol J, General Manager at Capital Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry you were not happy with your towels. We buy do purchase domestic linen and it is usually of the highest quality. I will review your comments with our housekeeping manager and inspect our recent linen purchases. Breakfast is complimentary and we do try to serve a variety on hot breakfast buffet and still keep a regional flair to the menu. I will pass your comments on to the chef and I am sure he will review his menu choices. We do appreciate your comments and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

We were here for a wedding in the Buffalo Trace Distillery and this was very convenient. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I love the old-fashioned feel of the hotel. The lobby was spacious with lots of chairs and a big, dramatic fountain. The room was great - very large, comfortable bed with modern-style bedding (light comforter with crisp sheets) and excellent pillows. The breakfast was good, but somewhat limited. There were biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage, juice, coffee, toast... no grits. Parking. Wi-fi. We had a lovely stay.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Carol J, General Manager at Capital Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and the hotel. I am sorry we didn't have grits on the buffet for you, but please know that we do serve it. We alternate between oatmeal and grits and it must have been oatmeal day. We do hope to see you anytime your travels bring you through Frankfort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfort
4.5 km away
6.6 km away
Best Western Parkside Inn
Best Western Parkside Inn
#2 of 10 in Frankfort

Been to Capital Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!