All reviewsroom was cleanbeautiful hotelbuffalo trace distillerydowntown frankfortolder hotelfree underground parkingcapt paulrates were reasonablekentucky riverdecent hotelconvenient locationbiscuits and gravywould definitely stay here againnice staybourbon trailbagelsstaff was friendly
Reviewed 10 September 2016

Front desk staff was great. Very helpful and patient. Bed was comfortable. Towels were poor quality and very small. Food at breakfast ordinary. Had a conference rate so was not too bad, but had I paid more this would have been VERY dissatisfying. Location is good.

Room Tip: River view rooms are noisier. Your choice.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlotte F
Carol J, General Manager at Capital Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry you were not happy with your towels. We buy do purchase domestic linen and it is usually of the highest quality. I will review your comments with our housekeeping manager and inspect our recent linen purchases. Breakfast is complimentary and we do try to serve a variety on hot breakfast buffet and still keep a regional flair to the menu. I will pass your comments on to the chef and I am sure he will review his menu choices. We do appreciate your comments and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

We were here for a wedding in the Buffalo Trace Distillery and this was very convenient. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I love the old-fashioned feel of the hotel. The lobby was spacious with lots of chairs and a big, dramatic fountain. The room was great - very large, comfortable bed with modern-style bedding (light comforter with crisp sheets) and excellent pillows. The breakfast was good, but somewhat limited. There were biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage, juice, coffee, toast... no grits. Parking. Wi-fi. We had a lovely stay.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Carol J, General Manager at Capital Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and the hotel. I am sorry we didn't have grits on the buffet for you, but please know that we do serve it. We alternate between oatmeal and grits and it must have been oatmeal day. We do hope to see you anytime your travels bring you through Frankfort.

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Yes, I could review this hotel with some of the negatives which others have sited but having just stayed there this weekend for my daughters wedding, they came through over and over in accommodating our changing needs and were amazing. Every change I needed made met with 'let's see what we can do' and they did.

I do understand that it was great that they had the flexibility to help out but I felt they went beyond what could reasonably been expected.

As well, as the wedding was at Buffalo Trace, we didn't want anyone drinking and driving and their shuttle service was excellent.

Thank you everyone at Capital Plaza!!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Carol J, General Manager at Capital Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I'm very happy to hear that you were pleased with our service. I will share your wonderful comments with the staff. Hope you visit us again any time your travels bring you to Frankfort.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

I chose the Capital Plaza Hotel because I was attending an event at the adjacent Frankfort Convention Center. I was disappointed when I arrived because the lobby and rooms looked aged and worn out. I had visited this hotel many times in the 1990's when it was a grand hotel and it was sad to see it having gone into this state of disrepair/disregard. The pool was closed for maintenance during my stay, which I had been looking forward to using. The rooms were mostly clean but again the carpeting and bedspreads were frayed and well-worn, not to mention a little outdated. It is a very convenient location for the Frankfort Convention Center, but is just below a level that I would expect of this caliber/price.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Carol J, General Manager at Capital Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry you did not have a positive experience. I am sorry you could not utilize the pool. However, I can not recall a time our pool was closed for any extended amount of time other than to adjust chemicals as we have not had any pool issues. It is our goal to have the pool open at all times for guests, so I apologize for you not having access. We do care about our hotel and I am concerned that was not your impression. Please know that we are not in a state of "disregard". We are currently in various stages of upgrades/updates to our facility. For instance new furniture is being added to our guest rooms which started this week and we will have new carpeting very soon. We are in the process of upgrading our elevator system which is a total overhaul of our system and cabs. We remodeled our lounge last year and we have additional improvements coming to our remaining public areas. Bottom line is we plan to be around a long time and you will see and feel a different hotel on your next visit to Frankfort.

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

This hotel was built in the 80s and the rooms show its age. Despite the outdated look, the room was comfortable and the bathroom vanity was huge! It was raining the day of our stay so the garage parking was a plus. The breakfast buffet was limited but good and served in the restaurant.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Carol J, General Manager at Capital Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay! I am glad you found our rooms comfortable and found the covered parking so convenient. We are continuously making improvements and hope you will stay with us again very soon!