“A disappointing stay”

Capital Plaza Hotel
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Frankfort
Reviewed 21 September 2016

We were so upset with this hotel as we had seen it on Hotel Impossible. our room was clean but really dated. our bedding was very uncomfortable. When we were in the hallways by the meeting room there was a ramp outside the door with a rug thrown over the rail and a wood plank. lamp sitting on the floor just outside the meeting room. Breakfast was not very good, flavor and choices. The orange juice was excellent.

We ordered from the bar cheese cake and nachos which was excellent

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Carol J, General Manager at Capital Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. We do know that our room furniture is dated and that is why we are making changes as we speak. The reason you saw the ramp by the meeting rooms is because that is how we are bringing new furniture in the building. It is temporary and will go away upon conclusion of the project. No meetings were scheduled in this area. The lamp was sitting on the floor again because we were doing work in the area. That is certainly not our presentation style. You will be happy to know that we are upgrading our elevators, our rooms, corridors and entry ways. I am glad you enjoyed your meal as I do believe we have some of the best food in this area. If your travels bring you through this area, please visit us again and see the changes we have made. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. We should have new photos on our website very soon.

Reviewed 10 September 2016

Front desk staff was great. Very helpful and patient. Bed was comfortable. Towels were poor quality and very small. Food at breakfast ordinary. Had a conference rate so was not too bad, but had I paid more this would have been VERY dissatisfying. Location is good.

Room Tip: River view rooms are noisier. Your choice.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlotte F
Carol J, General Manager at Capital Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry you were not happy with your towels. We buy do purchase domestic linen and it is usually of the highest quality. I will review your comments with our housekeeping manager and inspect our recent linen purchases. Breakfast is complimentary and we do try to serve a variety on hot breakfast buffet and still keep a regional flair to the menu. I will pass your comments on to the chef and I am sure he will review his menu choices. We do appreciate your comments and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

We were here for a wedding in the Buffalo Trace Distillery and this was very convenient. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I love the old-fashioned feel of the hotel. The lobby was spacious with lots of chairs and a big, dramatic fountain. The room was great - very large, comfortable bed with modern-style bedding (light comforter with crisp sheets) and excellent pillows. The breakfast was good, but somewhat limited. There were biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage, juice, coffee, toast... no grits. Parking. Wi-fi. We had a lovely stay.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Carol J, General Manager at Capital Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and the hotel. I am sorry we didn't have grits on the buffet for you, but please know that we do serve it. We alternate between oatmeal and grits and it must have been oatmeal day. We do hope to see you anytime your travels bring you through Frankfort.

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Yes, I could review this hotel with some of the negatives which others have sited but having just stayed there this weekend for my daughters wedding, they came through over and over in accommodating our changing needs and were amazing. Every change I needed made met with 'let's see what we can do' and they did.

I do understand that it was great that they had the flexibility to help out but I felt they went beyond what could reasonably been expected.

As well, as the wedding was at Buffalo Trace, we didn't want anyone drinking and driving and their shuttle service was excellent.

Thank you everyone at Capital Plaza!!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Carol J, General Manager at Capital Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I'm very happy to hear that you were pleased with our service. I will share your wonderful comments with the staff. Hope you visit us again any time your travels bring you to Frankfort.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

I chose the Capital Plaza Hotel because I was attending an event at the adjacent Frankfort Convention Center. I was disappointed when I arrived because the lobby and rooms looked aged and worn out. I had visited this hotel many times in the 1990's when it was a grand hotel and it was sad to see it having gone into this state of disrepair/disregard. The pool was closed for maintenance during my stay, which I had been looking forward to using. The rooms were mostly clean but again the carpeting and bedspreads were frayed and well-worn, not to mention a little outdated. It is a very convenient location for the Frankfort Convention Center, but is just below a level that I would expect of this caliber/price.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Carol J, General Manager at Capital Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry you did not have a positive experience. I am sorry you could not utilize the pool. However, I can not recall a time our pool was closed for any extended amount of time other than to adjust chemicals as we have not had any pool issues. It is our goal to have the pool open at all times for guests, so I apologize for you not having access. We do care about our hotel and I am concerned that was not your impression. Please know that we are not in a state of "disregard". We are currently in various stages of upgrades/updates to our facility. For instance new furniture is being added to our guest rooms which started this week and we will have new carpeting very soon. We are in the process of upgrading our elevator system which is a total overhaul of our system and cabs. We remodeled our lounge last year and we have additional improvements coming to our remaining public areas. Bottom line is we plan to be around a long time and you will see and feel a different hotel on your next visit to Frankfort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfort
4.5 km away
6.6 km away
Best Western Parkside Inn
Best Western Parkside Inn
#2 of 10 in Frankfort

Been to Capital Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!