All reviews direct tv best rate smells fresh working the breakfast area shuttle van the towel rack waffle house checking in a wonderful stay nice property business trip desk clerk night's rest location is great staff was friendly other hotels an overnight stay
Reviewed 23 June 2016

I stayed in this hotel for three weeks with 3 other co-workers and we booked a room each. In the three weeks that we stayed here, the one dryer in the laundry room broke down and it took a few days to get it running. Rather than offer to have us use one of the working dryers for the staff in the kitchen (which we found out later on was possible), we had to do multiple cycles and make do with the iron and blow dryer in our room. Breakfast was a daily disappointment as the server, Krista, was rude on a daily basis, despite the tips we left her and really made you feel like you were a huge inconvenience. The real shocker was that there were actually TWO days where there was NO BREAKFAST AT ALL, only cereal and coffee, because the dishwasher had broken down. Other than that, some of the other staff were nice. You'd be better off somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
corbinkyHIE, Management Company at Holiday Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

Kat_Misa,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of the hotel. We truly appreciate your comments because unless this is brought to our attention we may not know that it is occuring. We will be relating the importance of customer service and do apologize that you were treated so poorly. Unfortunately, with the dryer or any other equipment it does sometimes take a few days for a repairman to show up but the hotel should have offered to help you sooner if you had previously inquired about it. We will also address this with the staff so that it does not occur again. We appreciate your business and hope that you will come back to stay with us again so that we can show you that this does not always occur.

HI Florence

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

Holiday Inn in Florence, Kentucky is a very clean modern hotel. It is less than five minutes off the expressway. We had a very quick and easy check in. Check out is at noon (Saturday), which is very helpful in a day we want to be a little lazy. Close to a huge mall.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review! We all hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon!

Holiday Inn Florence

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

We arrived around ten pm. Service at front desk was largely uninterested at best. Restaurant had just closed. Was told there would be others open across the road. This amounted to a Macdonalds or a Wendy's (all the others had closed) which after ten only served drive-thrus. Not having a car we had to practically beg the Wendy's manager to serve us. Kudos to him - saved our lives. But back to the hotel: rooms were fine if a bit old fashioned but roomy. Noisy aircon though. Serviceable wifi. Breakfast buffet the next day was awful but cheap. Dry eggs, overlooked meat, stale bread. The menu looked better and to be fair the made to order omelettes looked good. We checked out and I confirmed (for the second time) they the rooms had been paid for in advance by my company's travel dept. Receptionist agreed - nothing more to pay. But I found both rooms charged to my personal credit card a few days later. And breakfast, which was supposed to be included. These mistakes happen and it will be sorted out I am sure but it's not an experience I'd repeat in a hurry. A smile and a friendlier, warmer reception to two tired travellers would have been nice and cost nothing. Shame.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

Dear SciRad,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had with the service you received during your stay as well as the billing issues you encountered. I would like to follow up on this situation that is why I have sent you a private message to obtain more information. I hope that you can respond at your soonest available time.

Regards,

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

The rooms were clean and spacious, pool was nice but a little overcrowded. The only complaint was no hotub but it was a nice overnight stay and the hotel staff was helpful and polite. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend to friends and family.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

I want to preface this by saying I have been staying at this hotel for almost four years and have seen it at its best and now it's worst. My checkin started everything off wrong when the didn't have my reservation and were sold out and the front desk manager and GM basically said "we can't build a room". Thankfully two guests left abruptly with dissatisfaction of their rooms. The hotel is showing its wear with stained carpet and peeling wallpaper and outlets on lamps that don't consistently work. The halls either smelled like a nasty moldy washcloth or like pot, yes pot which also was one of the guest who left commented. This property stays busy and I guess with the business still rolling in they have little concerns for the upkeep of their property. They also have lost some good staff and replaced them with unfriendly workers with little customer service experience. The bartender, though, was awesome and friendly and took care of me and my coworkers. There are plenty of hotels around the area and most have free breakfast(not here). Now this hotel has a lounge which my coworkers and I have used but just astonished at the prices for drink. Better off buying at Thortons down the road and drinking in your wore down room. Needless to say my future visits to Florence will have me staying someplace that seems to care about their property and guest.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank carltree
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2016

Dear carltree,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Florence, KY. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about our bartender.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service, carpet condition and your check in experience. We will address these concerns.We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.