All reviews direct tv best rate smells fresh working the breakfast area shuttle van the towel rack waffle house checking in a wonderful stay nice property business trip desk clerk night's rest location is great staff was friendly other hotels an overnight stay
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

Holiday Inn in Florence, Kentucky is a very clean modern hotel. It is less than five minutes off the expressway. We had a very quick and easy check in. Check out is at noon (Saturday), which is very helpful in a day we want to be a little lazy. Close to a huge mall.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
corbinkyHIE, Management Company at Holiday Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

Thank you for your review! We all hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon!

Holiday Inn Florence

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

We arrived around ten pm. Service at front desk was largely uninterested at best. Restaurant had just closed. Was told there would be others open across the road. This amounted to a Macdonalds or a Wendy's (all the others had closed) which after ten only served drive-thrus. Not having a car we had to practically beg the Wendy's manager to serve us. Kudos to him - saved our lives. But back to the hotel: rooms were fine if a bit old fashioned but roomy. Noisy aircon though. Serviceable wifi. Breakfast buffet the next day was awful but cheap. Dry eggs, overlooked meat, stale bread. The menu looked better and to be fair the made to order omelettes looked good. We checked out and I confirmed (for the second time) they the rooms had been paid for in advance by my company's travel dept. Receptionist agreed - nothing more to pay. But I found both rooms charged to my personal credit card a few days later. And breakfast, which was supposed to be included. These mistakes happen and it will be sorted out I am sure but it's not an experience I'd repeat in a hurry. A smile and a friendlier, warmer reception to two tired travellers would have been nice and cost nothing. Shame.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

Dear SciRad,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had with the service you received during your stay as well as the billing issues you encountered. I would like to follow up on this situation that is why I have sent you a private message to obtain more information. I hope that you can respond at your soonest available time.

Regards,

Mike F.

Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

The rooms were clean and spacious, pool was nice but a little overcrowded. The only complaint was no hotub but it was a nice overnight stay and the hotel staff was helpful and polite. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend to friends and family.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

I want to preface this by saying I have been staying at this hotel for almost four years and have seen it at its best and now it's worst. My checkin started everything off wrong when the didn't have my reservation and were sold out and the front desk manager and GM basically said "we can't build a room". Thankfully two guests left abruptly with dissatisfaction of their rooms. The hotel is showing its wear with stained carpet and peeling wallpaper and outlets on lamps that don't consistently work. The halls either smelled like a nasty moldy washcloth or like pot, yes pot which also was one of the guest who left commented. This property stays busy and I guess with the business still rolling in they have little concerns for the upkeep of their property. They also have lost some good staff and replaced them with unfriendly workers with little customer service experience. The bartender, though, was awesome and friendly and took care of me and my coworkers. There are plenty of hotels around the area and most have free breakfast(not here). Now this hotel has a lounge which my coworkers and I have used but just astonished at the prices for drink. Better off buying at Thortons down the road and drinking in your wore down room. Needless to say my future visits to Florence will have me staying someplace that seems to care about their property and guest.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank carltree
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2016

Dear carltree,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Florence, KY. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about our bartender.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service, carpet condition and your check in experience. We will address these concerns.We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 8 May 2016

well, 1 am check in was long...room was prepaid so why? No shower curtain or towels. Husband went to front desk clerk... Wendy says.." I cant help you with a curtain, but I do have towels." I thought my husbands head was going to explode...You rented me a room without a shower curtain. the very concept of traveling is to bath, eat and sleep...This concept was lost on Holiday INN in Florence, Kentucky.

Room Tip: Be prepared because they are not...
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2016

Dear Colleen M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We failed to impress you during your recent stay. Since your visit, we have implemented new procedures and training to track and improve our service and update our bathrooms with shower curtains. We are very upset and surprised to hear that you felt our front desk agents were indifferent to your needs. We sincerely hope your travels will bring you back to our hotel here in Florence.

Dianne L