“Exactly what you expect for the price” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
North Carolina
“Exactly what you expect for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

The motel is acceptably average for the price and location. The floor does have some staining as well as the comforters, but not enough to send me running since I the first thing I do is pull off the comforters anyway. The toilet handle did not work but within 10 minutes of our arrival, a handyman was there with a housekeeper who had cleaned the room earlier. The shower did not drain well and there was standing water as we showered (to our ankles). There was also a missed dirty glass from the previous occupants.
However, we stayed here because it is considerably cheaper than surrounding motels. The room is clean with a fridge and microwave. The continental breakfast is the standard oatmeal and Hostess muffins, perfectly fine for a quick bite. We stayed at the room on the end of the office side, on the opposite side it is next to the parking lot for a local bar.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TheDom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Beattyville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

Spent a night here on the last night of a multi-night trip, using Choice Privileges points for a free stay. No complaints from me about this facility.

The room was acceptably clean, had a microwave and fridge, good water pressure in the shower, good wi-fi. My room was in the first building near the office, there are a couple of other buildings that make up this facility. Had an outside entrance and was able to park outside my door. It would have been nice if there had been a porch or awning over the front door because it was raining a bit when I got there.

I got a free night here, but apparently the rates are fairly inexpensive and I would definitely stay here again if needing to overnight in the NKY/Greater Cincinnati area. The hotel is close to the shopping areas in Florence, the airport, I-71/I-75 and I-275. It's directly behind a Speedway if you need a late-night snack or drink.

No complaints from me about this motel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank millenniumhwy
Indianapolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2010

I've stayed at this property twice. Personally, I love these style of motor inns with the single-story exterior corridors. I booked a night here via Choice Hotels Reservation for a mid-week job in the Cincinnati area.

Firstly, The motel offers many ammenities for an economy motel: free wi-fi, cable TV (w/ HBO), microwave, refrigerator, ironing board, coffee maker, alarm clock. The room (on my recent stay) was reasonably cleaned, but outdated. The carpet is wearing thin/ faded. There was a considerable amount of dust noted (people with dust allergies may want to stay elsewhere). There was also some wear on the old tile in the shower.

The continental breakfast is actually pretty decent (although the room is big enough for 5-6 adults. Definitely treat it as a grab-n-go breakfast. The breakfast includes cereal, pastries, fresh fruit, bagels/toast, juice, and a Douwe Egbert's coffee machine.

Overall, this property has major potential for updating. The layout is excellent. In current condition, I wouldn't recommend the motel for any more than a single night, but it's far from horrible.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank hypshark
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2010

We were in the area for a family reunion. We got there before everyone else and asked for a non smoking room due to the fact that we do not smoke and have a small toddler. The minute we walked in we were overtaken by the smell of smoke in our non smoking room. We ran the air cond for quite some time to try and clear it out but even with the air cond on full blast it never blew cold air. The bed was hard and our toilet was cracked. When my child complained that he was having a hard time breathing we were out of there. The hotel thankfully did not charge us since we had only been there an hour. The room did have a microwave and refrigerator which was nice but that is about all I can say is nice about this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Orlando, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2009

This Econo Lodge is a suitable, inexpensive motel convenient to I-75.

It has the five things I look for in a budget motel -- cleanliness, cable TV, air-conditioning that works, wireless Internet that works, and a shower with some pressure. This place meets all of those expectations. Also, breakfast is available, although I did not partake.

It is far enough off the highway that road noise is not a problem. Close to fast food restaurants, convenience stores, etc.

For under $50 a night (I had a discount code), you can't expect much better.

(I also stayed at the Econo Lodge in Acworth, Ga., the night before this one; the Georgia property was slightly "nicer," with more conveniences adjacent to the property. See that review.)

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
0.4 km away
2.4 km away
Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence
3.9 km away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!