New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Danville
Beattyville, Kentucky
“Nice hotel in the heart of the Bluegrass”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

Stayed here in order to attend a conference at nearby Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill. Looked at several options in the Danville and Harrodsburg areas and settled on this one because of location, a great "significant organization savings rate" through Kentucky Farm Bureau, and the current Choice Hotels "earn 4x points" promotion. The reviews posted here by previous guests also played a factor. I made a good choice.

Room keys were ready when I arrived and they honored my request for the first floor. In fact, I got the very end room next to the outside door, which made it easy to bring stuff in from my car.

Room was very clean, bed was comfortable, wi-fi worked well and when I plugged my laptop into the ethernet port, downloads were blazing fast. (I took the opportunity to download a bunch of iPhone/iPad apps that had been released in the last few weeks but I couldn't download at home due to HughesNet's crappy daily download caps). Water pressure in the shower was adequate; could have been better but most motels/hotels don't have high enough pressure to suit me; and plenty of hot water. Breakfast was excellent -- bacon, sausage links, fried potatoes and biscuits & sausage gravy plus an assortment of fruits, breads and pastries -- and they had plenty of chocolate chip cookies and bottled water waiting at check-in. They even offered an express check-out by slipping my receipt under the door during the middle of the night and letting me leave my keys in the room. The pool looked nice, I didn't use it but a friend of mine who lives in the area stays there occasionally to let her daughters swim there. There was also a fitness room but I didn't use it, and I saw a small "business center" with a computer and printer.

The room had a microwave and a fridge, which leads me to one of my two minor issues. The fridge was very loud, but I turned the temperature up a bit and it still got my soft drinks cool but it cut down on the noise. The HVAC unit's fan was also a bit loud.

The hotel is located on the west side of town; most of the dining choices and shopping are located a few miles away on the south side of town, but that's not really an issue.

All in all, a great night's stay and I will definitely stay there again if need be.

Room Tip: Room 124 is at the end of the hall next to the outside door.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

I went in fairly late and got a room for a decent price. The service was great and she did everything possible to make the rate as fair as possible. The hotel is clean and easy to find. I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again, especially for the great service.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

Yes, this is a nice hotel. Nice breakfast, nice rooms. Stale/musty odor in the bathroom. Needs better ventilation.

I stayed for Centre College Parent Weekend. Normal room rates on a weekend are $89.00-----they jacked the price up to $149.00 for Parent's Weekend------but then closer to the actual date the rates skyrocketed to $169!!!!! Talk about a captive audience......Or is it more like taking advantage of parents?

In the future, I will NOT come up for the official Parents Weekend, but will instead designate my own weekend with my Centre College student. I do not appreciate being ripped off.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

Comfort Suites of Danville, KY is the best hotel in town. The hotel staff know how to treat thier guest with great hospitality. We love sending are business to this great facility. The rooms are nice and clean. The breakfast is very good. The area has wonderful eating and shopping varities. Finally, the general manager is one of the nicest young men, I have ever met. If your in danville, you have to check out the Comfort Suites.

Room Tip: Check out what danville has to offer including shopping, eating, and entertainment.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

We had a two night stay while touring this beautiful region of Kentucky. We were upgraded to a suite upon arrival because they needed our room type for a family. That was nice, however, the decor of this hotel is very dated. I felt like I was in a second class hotel, however the price was not second class. The room was clean which is most important to me. There is a coffee pot and a good supply of coffee, there is also a refridgerator and microwave in the room. The breakfast provided was nice, better than most of this type. A very nice selection of hot items including eggs, hash browns, piping hot gravy & biscuits, as well as a waffle maker. A selection of cereals, breads, fruit & yogurt, & pastries. Of course juice, coffee & milk. We were awaken several times during the night and early morning by a loud noise, we couldn't be sure what it was. We were near the elevator, so it could have been that or else it was noise from the plumbing when other guest turned on their showers. It was disturbing. There is an indoor pool, but we did not visit it. Hard to say if I would go back, it had its good points, but it is hard to get over the worn out decor - especially when it is your vacation!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BBD18
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
5.0 km away
19.5 km away
Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill - The Inn
35.1 km away
Holiday Inn Express Nicholasville

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!