All reviewsthe concierge loungeohio riveracross the riverconvention centergreat viewcorner roomreds gamelobby barstreet levelparking garagevery nice hotelper daybaseball stadiumhotel restaurantview of the riverself parkgreat room
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I would not recommend this hotel if you have Gold or Platinum status with Marriott. The staff does not care about providing quality service to Marriott frequent travelers. I have Platinum status.

I had several issues on this visit. They were:
1. I had to wait in line over 10 minutes to check-in. Two desk agents were helping one family. There were several people ahead of me in line. The Manager was too busy on the phone to help people checking in.
2. I had requested extra towels prior to check-in via the Marriott app. These towels were not in my room. My wife called the front desk, and they said they would bring them. Approximately 15 minutes later, no towels. I went to the front desk and complained. The Manager and staff did not care.
3. The light in the bathroom was blinking. I had to call maintenance. Another problem.

I left a voice message with General Manager about my issues. He called back quickly. He sent a bottle of wine to the room because of the problems.

However, the next day there was a charge for room service. I assume it was the bottle of wine. The front desk removed the charge.

I do not think I will stay at this hotel in the near future. I stayed at this hotel previously, and enjoyed it.

The location is great. The views of the Ohio River are great.

Very disappointed in the customer service that I received. The front desk staff do not smile and are not friendly. Not sure what the issue(s) are.

Room Tip: Request Ohio River view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank HoustonCards
Cvgdr, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Hello Mr. Mc I and thank you for your comments. I very much appreciate you reaching out to me directly this past Friday regarding your experience. We do care and as I assured you, the check in experience you encountered is not in keeping with our standards. I am very sorry for the inconveniences that we caused and please be assured that I've addressed the matters directly with my leadership team. I am grateful you selected this Marriott hotel and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 14 October 2017

...it does need some updating. The rooms are large and comfortable, but somewhat worn. Desk chairs are not ergonomic, the tv is fairly small. However, the rooms are very quiet (and, during our stay, there four college sports teams staying there: woman's soccer, woman's volleyball, men's soccer, men's football). The concierge lounge is nice (accessible from two floors), the atrium houses what is presented as the "world's largest indoor gazebo - and clearly very popular for weddings). The staff is very friendly and accommodating and the common areas have been updated and are comfortable and welcoming. The views of Cincinnati from the deck of the restaurant are spectacular, especially at night. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: River view rooms are the best. Corner rooms are slightly larger
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon and thank you for selecting the Marriott RiverCenter for your stay, located in the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati Ohio area. We are so pleased to hear that your stay was clean and comfortable as well as the staff being helpful. We truly appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience on TripAdvisor, the #1 rated website for travelers. It’s been our pleasure to assist you and make you feel at home!

david.bowles@marriottrc.com

Reviewed 6 October 2017

My wife and I couldn't have been more pleased with the service, the amenities, and the champagne and strawberries that were provided for us on our wedding night. The front desk manager knew right away who we were and told me everything has been set up. When we arrived the champagne was chilled on ice and we had chocolate covered strawberries with fresh whip cream. The room overlooked the river with a balcony and the bed was very comfortable. Thank you so much to the staff and team for making our wedding night so special.

Room Tip: get a balcony
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello MichaelR - Thank you for selecting and staying at the Cincinnati Marriott RiverCenter located in Covington KY. My staff and I are delighted that you and your new bride enjoyed your wedding night together in this Marriott hotel! If I can assist with future reservations, please feel free to contact me directly at david.bowles@marriottrc.com.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Marriott on the river! The location of the hotel is nice with a riverwalk nearby that goes over to Newport, KY and Cincinnati, OH. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were clean. The rooms could use some updating, but overall, we were very pleased. Especially for the price! The view of the Ohio river from our room was very nice and the fact that you can park your own car for only 10 bucks in a garage attached to the hotel was very convenient. The staff we encountered were all very pleasant. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the river. Cincinnati is beautiful to see at night!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Greetings Chappy222 - Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter. I appreciate hearing from you and appreciate your kind words of praise regarding your visit! We pride ourselves in delivering excellent service, safe and secure accommodations along with a an amazing view of the skyline...it sounds like we exceeded your expectations! Should your future travels find you in the area, we once again welcome the opportunity to be of service to you.

Warm Regards,

david.bowles@marriottrc.com

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This is a 20 year hotel that looks 40. Location is decent, but the rooms are not much better than a Motel 6 in terms of age and wear. They were clean (I think), though. The structure is built like an Embassy Suites with the big courtyard in the middle, but they say it never was an Embassy Suites. This hotel is in desperate need of a makeover.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Cvgdr, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your comments as shared on Trip Advisor. We are in the final stages of planning a significant renovation project that will touch nearly every area of our hotel. Once complete, you will notice the changes we have made. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to serving you again in the future.