“Worked for us”

Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited this hotel for a wedding having a reception in the lobby. After extensive research, we decided to also stay the night. It was fairly early on a Saturday when we arrived so we had to wait a bit. The first room my husband was given had a terrible smell and required us to switch rooms however that was done quickly and I have no complaints about the room we ended up staying in. Everything was clean and appeared to have been updated within the past few years. The cocktail hour had a nice balcony view of the river and Cincinnati and the reception room was nice. Parking is $28/day valet in and out but service was always very quick. You can also park in a garage right there for max $10/day but you can’t come in and out.

Overall I would be ok returning to this hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Cvgdr, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Good Afternoon and thank you for staying at the Marriott RiverCenter located in the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati Ohio area. We are so pleased to hear that your stay was comfortable. We appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience and look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I would not recommend this hotel if you have Gold or Platinum status with Marriott. The staff does not care about providing quality service to Marriott frequent travelers. I have Platinum status.

I had several issues on this visit. They were:
1. I had to wait in line over 10 minutes to check-in. Two desk agents were helping one family. There were several people ahead of me in line. The Manager was too busy on the phone to help people checking in.
2. I had requested extra towels prior to check-in via the Marriott app. These towels were not in my room. My wife called the front desk, and they said they would bring them. Approximately 15 minutes later, no towels. I went to the front desk and complained. The Manager and staff did not care.
3. The light in the bathroom was blinking. I had to call maintenance. Another problem.

I left a voice message with General Manager about my issues. He called back quickly. He sent a bottle of wine to the room because of the problems.

However, the next day there was a charge for room service. I assume it was the bottle of wine. The front desk removed the charge.

I do not think I will stay at this hotel in the near future. I stayed at this hotel previously, and enjoyed it.

The location is great. The views of the Ohio River are great.

Very disappointed in the customer service that I received. The front desk staff do not smile and are not friendly. Not sure what the issue(s) are.

Room Tip: Request Ohio River view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank HoustonCards
Cvgdr, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Mr. Mc I and thank you for your comments. I very much appreciate you reaching out to me directly this past Friday regarding your experience. We do care and as I assured you, the check in experience you encountered is not in keeping with our standards. I am very sorry for the inconveniences that we caused and please be assured that I've addressed the matters directly with my leadership team. I am grateful you selected this Marriott hotel and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 14 October 2017

...it does need some updating. The rooms are large and comfortable, but somewhat worn. Desk chairs are not ergonomic, the tv is fairly small. However, the rooms are very quiet (and, during our stay, there four college sports teams staying there: woman's soccer, woman's volleyball, men's soccer, men's football). The concierge lounge is nice (accessible from two floors), the atrium houses what is presented as the "world's largest indoor gazebo - and clearly very popular for weddings). The staff is very friendly and accommodating and the common areas have been updated and are comfortable and welcoming. The views of Cincinnati from the deck of the restaurant are spectacular, especially at night. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: River view rooms are the best. Corner rooms are slightly larger
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon and thank you for selecting the Marriott RiverCenter for your stay, located in the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati Ohio area. We are so pleased to hear that your stay was clean and comfortable as well as the staff being helpful. We truly appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience on TripAdvisor, the #1 rated website for travelers. It’s been our pleasure to assist you and make you feel at home!

Reviewed 6 October 2017

My wife and I couldn't have been more pleased with the service, the amenities, and the champagne and strawberries that were provided for us on our wedding night. The front desk manager knew right away who we were and told me everything has been set up. When we arrived the champagne was chilled on ice and we had chocolate covered strawberries with fresh whip cream. The room overlooked the river with a balcony and the bed was very comfortable. Thank you so much to the staff and team for making our wedding night so special.

Room Tip: get a balcony
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello MichaelR - Thank you for selecting and staying at the Cincinnati Marriott RiverCenter located in Covington KY. My staff and I are delighted that you and your new bride enjoyed your wedding night together in this Marriott hotel! If I can assist with future reservations, please feel free to contact me directly at david.bowles@marriottrc.com.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Marriott on the river! The location of the hotel is nice with a riverwalk nearby that goes over to Newport, KY and Cincinnati, OH. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were clean. The rooms could use some updating, but overall, we were very pleased. Especially for the price! The view of the Ohio river from our room was very nice and the fact that you can park your own car for only 10 bucks in a garage attached to the hotel was very convenient. The staff we encountered were all very pleasant. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the river. Cincinnati is beautiful to see at night!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Greetings Chappy222 - Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter. I appreciate hearing from you and appreciate your kind words of praise regarding your visit! We pride ourselves in delivering excellent service, safe and secure accommodations along with a an amazing view of the skyline...it sounds like we exceeded your expectations! Should your future travels find you in the area, we once again welcome the opportunity to be of service to you.

Warm Regards,