All reviewsthe rivertrain noisefree parking garagewhite castlefast food restaurantswedding weekendwork spacecovered parkingfront desk staffwithin walking distancenice perkroom keyhotel parkingshuttle stopnice staystaff was very friendly and helpfulup to date
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

I was here on business and did not pick the hotel myself but not coming back. the room smelled of damp and humidity. AC would improve smell slightly only. Dated and tired look. Breakfast is poor in diversity. I did not order but had buffet. Coffee not very tasty. I got locked out of my room due to an issue with the door lock battery but took a long time for someone to help and to fix the lock. Couldn’t reach my belongings for half an hour. Check-in was at 4PM but no rooms available at that time. Price quality is not balanced at all.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel on a business trip to Cincinnati. Hotel rooms and staff were great, and easy to find and park. Surrounding area looked a bit run down and I decided not to venture too far to find some good. Hotel had a very small food selection which is pre cooked. Would have preferred better cooked food selection.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We were here for a pre-arranged event so we didn't pick the hotel and got a group rate. There are some other reviews about it being in a sketchy part of town and I'd have to agree.  If it's not the part of town, then it's the hotel itself (I'm not sure which), so I'll just tell you about our experience:

My complaint is regarding the people who appear to be loitering all over the place here at all hours.  There are sketchy people sitting in the lobby for hours, hanging around the front of the building, the back of the building, the pool, the elevators, the garage, everywhere.  I did not feel comfortable leaving our room by myself.  When I say sketchy people, I mean they looked like homeless people, drug addicts, thugs, and just plain white trash.  There were groups of people in pajamas and ragged clothes smoking cigarettes and people just sitting alone in the lobby with shopping bags full of stuff (like they were homeless and just living there).  I'm pretty sure we also witnessed a few drug deals, and at one point, there was a man riding the elevator up and down, stopping at random floors, joined by other random people to have conversations about "you got my money yet."  At any given time, there were anywhere from 3-10 sketchy people hanging out in the public areas, so it seems they are either living/staying at the hotel or just loitering.  Either way, this specific hotel seems to be it's own "bad neighborhood."

The hotel itself- decent, average hotel but everything is an upcharge, and there is no complementary breakfast. They have a little coffee shop/cafe with some food and drinks but it was pricey. We asked the front desk for a bottle of water and a gatorade without realizing it would cost over $8 (we just charged it to the room). Wow, not even free water! They also have their shampoo/body wash locked in the shower, so no mini-bottles to take with you.  The setup is also strange with parking.  You have to check in before you can access the garage with your room key. There is only one entrance to the hotel out front, which is not connected to the garage. Its also a very small/tight area for the number of guests having to park for check in/out.  We did not explore much but they do have a pool and a little outside patio area, as well as conference rooms.  There is a train that runs right behind the hotel and it is very loud which may keep you up. Overall it seemed decently clean, but our mattress itself was pretty badly stained.  Yes I did look under the sheets, and I put an extra blanket down just to add some additional separation between us and the mattress.  If you do choose to stay here for whatever reason, definitely don't pay full asking price because it is not worth it.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bchancey82
Reviewed 26 May 2018

Booked this hotel a few days before a weekday getaway trip with the wife. The hotel is located in Covington, just across the river from Cincinnati, but close enough you might a well say you stayed in Ohio. The service here was great, everyone at the front desk were extremely nice and helpful. Parking was super easy and convenient. It is close enough to the attractions that you don't spend a lot of time getting to where you need to be but its far enough from the hustle and bustle of downtown city life.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

We have been to many hotels in the area and this one is by far our favorite. Staff was wonderful, always smiling and making sure our stay was going good.
Beds are big and comfy. Rooms are nice size, tv is up to date (I was able to connect my netflix account), bathroom is a good size, never heard noises from any other room. Train tracks are right beside hotel and was never disturbed by the trains going by. Hotel is built solid.
The area around the hotel looks a bit sketchy at first glance but we walked around the neighborhood and felt perfectly safe. There are a few fast food restaurants in walking distance from the hotel. We will definitely be back. Picture attached is our view from the balcony on 9th floor (top floor)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family