All reviewswafflesroom was cleanan older hotelair conditionercouponcereal
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed on a Saturday night, 2 adults and 1child.
At check in we where told that we did not have a reservation even after showing the clerk the confirmation email on my phone and after 15 minutes of hassle we where handed a Metal key and where checked in.
Apon entering the room it had a pleasant smell and was decently cleaned it had a flat screen tv and everything in the room worked with the exception of the entry door that was swollen and was very hard to open.
The pool was nice and my daughter liked it a lot
As for the breakfast I have never seen a setup so cheap before in all my years!! My wife wanted a waffle and to get a waffle you have to ask the front desk person for a cup of waffle mix as they normally keep it in the back, the employee brought out such a tiny cup of waffle mix she put it in the waffle iron and when it was done she pulled out a tiny hollow waffle that was ruined and when my wife asked for a full waffle cup the employee said no you can't have another and refused to get it for my wife.
We where forced to go eat breakfast at a restaurant even tho breakfast was included in the room rate.
It's the saddest breakfast operation I have ever seen!
Then after we got back from the restaurant we where planing out the days activities and our first activity was at 12:30pm I called the front desk to get a late checkout at 12 noon ( normal check out is 11:00am) and was told my the rudest man you have till 11:30am and then your out.

Buyer beware
If I had it to do again I would have spent a few extra dollars (less then $10)
And stayed at a nicer hotel

I can't say I would stay at this location again

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

My room was clean with nice soft linens. It was quiet and conveniently located to the waterfalls ( about a 25 minute drive ). The staff was very friendly and helpful with my questions. This is an older hotel and you do see some signs of it in the rooms. As with most older rooms there are not any convenient electrical plugs to charge your various items. I could connect to the WiFi in my room but the signal was so weak I couldn't stream anything. All and all a good stay and a good value.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2017

You get what you pay for, sitting here writing this review. The good; PRICE $20 cheaper than everybody else, PARKING right outside your room, Nice size Frig, Microwave, Small coffee pot.
The BAD; toilet wouldn't flush, tub has sheet of cardboard pasted on bottom (repair job maybe???) very very outdated, worn and not very clean..cob webs in corner ceiling, rusted old discolored molding bathroom. The "Continental" breakfast is a joke...hope you like waffles and coffee. I wish I could post pictures here. The below glowing review is clearly staff/ownership attempting to fraud others....they did us.

Room Tip: Look at room before you commit
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I needed a place to stay on our way back home and decided to stop in here because it looked nice, clean, and had a reasonable price. The staff was very kind, we talked to several different people, one once we checked in, and a few more in the morning, and every person was extremely courteous. The room we stayed in was clean and the bed was comfortable. There was a coffee maker in the room with decaf for my wife and the waffles for breakfast were great. Anyone who has a complaint with this place is simply looking to complain. We will most definitely be coming here again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Awesome141
Reviewed 14 March 2017

We stayed at this hotel a few years ago and made the mistake of booking a room there this year on March 5th. We thought we were booking a room on the East side of the interstate because we had stayed in a hotel two years ago on that side but couldn't remember the name of it. When we looked at the map for hotels in Corbin, that's where they showed this one. When the gps took us to the other side of the interstate we knew we made a mistake, but it was too late to cancel. We stayed in room 103. You had to give the entry door a body block to open it. There was mold on the shower curtain and dark spots on the sheets. The bathroom faucet was corroded and had green corrosion under the handles. The owner told us not to turn the heater on hi because it doesn't work. Just run it on low.
Two other couples traveling with us had dirty carpets and the rooms had a oder to them. When you walked in the one room the floor would bounce and the furniture would shake. The other room had mold on the ceiling above the tub/shower. This hotel is associated with Wyndham Resorts. Certainly isn't up to there standards. We learned if it's a Wyndham hotel to check out the room before we pay for it.
The breakfast (if you want to call it that) doesn't serve decaf coffee.

Room Tip: Check out the room before you pay.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends