Smart Stay(Kumbalam)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspennethe cottagesswimming poollake facingfantastic poolback watersmulti cuisine restaurantbackwater viewnice propertyfront office staffrelaxing staydinner buffetseafoodbreakfast spreadspecial thankscourteous staffmexicana restaurant
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights as two of our friends were getting married at the resort.

There two excellent places to eat (well three but tbh we didn't try the Mexican place). Fennel (which also serves breakfast) has a variety of delicious local meals, as well as some more common Indian delicacies. The morning breakfast is suitably varied each day (don't expect bacon and eggs, but then with such a variety of flavoursome dishes to sample, you won't want them anyway!). Pearlspot is a fish restaurant at the resort, mainly works as choose your fish, choose your curry and choose your sides (various combination suggestions are on the menu and failing that the staff had some excellent advice). All the fish is fresh (one downside being if they've not caught enough, they don't have it) and huge. My wife, our friends and I had Tiger Prawns and a Lobster, all excellently cooked in a variety of different spices (the hot local curry for the Tiger Prawns I would definitely recommend).

The room was spacious with all mod cons, good clean bathroom with decent shower and hot water. Firm but comfortable mattresses and good pillows (no air filled marshmallows!). The housekeeping team do an excellent (and very quick) job.

The bar was often quite but the bar staff very friendly. Beers and soft drinks are reasonably priced (but remember it's a resort so the prices aren't necessarily in line with local prices), Spirits are very expensive especially if imports. Bar snacks are very tasty and filling, would recommend a lazy lunch there. Worth remembering that Indian alcohol laws mean they only serve until 10pm.

The spa is wonderful a full range of traditional Indian and standard remedies. My wife and I both had a Marma massage and we would definitely recommend, staff highly courteous and professional.

The staff did an excellent job for the wedding, especially catering for nearly 500 people. The traditional meal on a banana leaf was fantastic!

Overall a very good stay, all staff were very helpful and friendly and happy to offer advice on local delicacies etc that are available. Resort was a little let down by evidence of some maintenance work (but then we were there out of season, which I suppose is probably the best time to do said maintenance), and the prices were a little high for the local area (but as I said it's a resort so you expect the prices to be higher).

Well worth a stay and many thanks to all the staff for making our stay delightful.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
cochinramada, General Manager at Ramada Resort Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Namaskaram ! !

I thank you for taking your valuable time for a really long and fantastic review about our resort.

I am happy you both had a great time here and we were able to meet your expectations.
We do hope you come back here again.

I have passed on your compliments to the team who are delighted to read it

Reviewed 31 May 2017

The property is neatly maintained with a very courteous staff. The breakfast and lunch that we had over here was as well tasty. The vast pool is just an awesome experience and looks the same as its in the pics across the website. Overall we had a pretty good experience, the only let down for us was that the activity room was closed for maintenance and we were like a bit bored to spend the entire day. To get over this boredom had to get out of the resort. As we did travel in the last week of May which is usually a time of pre-monsoon rain and hence weather being very pleasant was an icing on the cake.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Mukesh,

Namaskaram ! !

I thank you for taking your valuable time out to write a wnderful review about our resort.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Excellent staff especially mr.Dony Front office desk is very help ful and also Spariya is very helpful and friendly. Dony and Sapariya explained kochi and fort kochi.....Rooms are very good mainly swimming pool is very incredible....nice stay..i recommented for my family and friends...

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank jismon j

Dear Jismon,

Namaskaram ! !

I have passed on your compliments to the team who are delighted to read it and also to Dony and Saparya.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a resort to spend your vacation away from the crowd and market but close to the lake and the view it has to offer while you take a sip your drink in the pool then go for Ramada.

If you can spend little extra go for the lake view cottage as it is right above the pool lagoon and private balcony. They got three different themed resturants and a Bar+Pub. A spa and a recreational area as well to spend your time. Overall a nice place worth visiting atleast once.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Disha,

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We visited this resort as a stop over to our destination kumarokom and we were looking for a very budget friendly place since it was the matter of just 1 day and 1 night. We looked up deals on the Internet and Ramada resort popped up .. pictures looked good and it fit our budget so we went ahead and booked It.
We were absolutely WOWED when we walked in.
Very very beautifully done up.. beautiful well maintained property and a super pretty inviting huge pool ♡
The rooms were huge and very well done up.
Breakfast was excellent and we throughly enjoyed our stay. Will definitely be back soon.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple